New World - Open Beta September 9-12

Redglyph

proud GASP member
New World, the MMO developed by Amazon Game Studio's Orange County and Double Helix Games, will run an open beta on September 9 at 7:00AM PT (2:00PM UTC) until September 12 at 11:59PM PT (6:59AM UTC). The game was presented at Gamescom 2021, link to full presentation and GameSpot's interview below.

Announcing the New World Open Beta

Greetings, Adventurers!

Before diving into the details and announcement, we'd like to extend another thank you to everyone who participated in our Closed Beta. We're humbled by the wonderful response, and extremely thankful for all the ways players across the globe have helped us prepare for launch. We still have some work to do before releasing New World on September 28, and the Closed Beta has helped immeasurably by testing our servers, helping us find bugs, providing us with a ton of constructive feedback, and granting many more key learnings to help our team prepare and adjust.

During Closed Beta, we ran into both server issues and over-population resulting in queue times, preventing some players from being able to experience the danger and beauty found in Aeternum. To ensure that everyone has a chance to experience New World ahead of our September 28 launch, we're excited to announce that we will be holding an Open Beta test. The Open Beta test will utilize Steam's new Playtest feature, which allows all interested players in our supported regions to request access to the test, for free. Servers will be available in North America, Europe, Australia and South America.

Open Beta will begin on September 9 at 7:00AM PT (2:00PM UTC) and continue until September 12 at 11:59PM PT (6:59AM UTC). Interested players will be able to request access beginning on September 8 at 7:00AM PT (2:00PM UTC).

[...]

More information.

Bid budget MMO game that bricked GPU's at one point I'll pass thank you.:p

Seriously though I hate MMO games.

Bid budget MMO game that bricked GPU's at one point I'll pass thank you.:p

Seriously though I hate MMO games.
I'm not playing MMOs anymore. With the right group it can be a lot of fun but it's time-consuming and time-restrictive too, since you have to play regularly as a group.

We'll see how Amazon Game Studio fares with this.

I've played one MMO in the last five years and that was the Old Republic, Only because you can solo and the story was great. To bad they wont release an offline version.

I don't mind MMO's but no matter how much of this I watch its just not inspiring me at all. Nothing in the generated world makes me want to explore it.

Not sure why. The closest thing it does is make me want to fire up Greedfall and finish it.

If it's free to Prime members, I might take a peek at some point. If not, I'll likely pass, Pantheon scratches my mmo itches these days quite well.

Back
Top Bottom