Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Original Games Being Removed - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Original Games Being Removed

Default Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Original Games Being Removed

October 9th, 2021, 00:07
GG Deals reports that with the release of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition the original games will be removed from sale.

With the exciting news of upcoming Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, Rockstar Games also announced that starting next week, the original Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be no longer available for purchase.

If you wish to own the original GTA Trilogy on Steam or Rockstar Games Launcher, these are currently the best game deals available across official stores and keyshops.

[…]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

October 9th, 2021, 05:42
Am excite for this.

Pineapple Ferguson

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 9th, 2021, 13:05
I always translate this title for me as "Groß Dieb Auto".
Which would be : "Grand/Big/Huge Thief Car".

To me, personally, it marks a point within an age or genre of gaming which I call "The Gangsta games era".
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

October 9th, 2021, 17:48
Personally I had some moments where I wanted to replay GTA San Andreas, which is my favourite part of the series, but was stopped because it simply doesn't run very well on newer systems without investing more work than I was ready to do. So I am quite hopefully for an update that simply lets me install and play it without a hassle.

With Saints Row moving away from 80's "Gangstas" it's nice to get some options for people who grew up with this kind of themes. Getting old sucks. ;-)

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 9th, 2021, 17:51
I've played these in the past, yet doubt I'd ever replay them these days. I'll be curious to see if the newer versions will have new content, yet for now I'll be keeping my expectations fully in check.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

October 9th, 2021, 21:00
I enjoyed Vice City for the music and atmosphere, but other than that, I can't say I'm a big fan of the series.

I was really hoping Rockstar would announce a PC port of Red Dead Redemption as well. I'd be a lot more interested in that.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)

October 10th, 2021, 01:25
As someone who joyed playing the earlier games I'm mildly excited. The other area I hope they improved was the flight controls. They were horrible in the earlier games.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Original Games Being Removed