Dark Alliance - Free DLC: The Crystal Wraiths - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Alliance - Free DLC: The Crystal Wraiths

Default Dark Alliance - Free DLC: The Crystal Wraiths

November 21st, 2021, 21:06
TechRaptor reports on some free DLC for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance called The Crystal Wraiths.

A Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance free DLC, 'The Crystal Wraiths', has just dropped. It adds a new map called 'The Crystal Wraiths', which includes three acts and new cinematics, lore items, bosses, and a new in-game trophy for those of you who like hunting them down. The Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance free DLC also comes with a pretty hefty patch that changes the balance of the game, fixes some bugs, AI, audio, and more.

Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance has had a fairly rough go of it since its announcement. Its first trailer was one of the worst initial announcements I've ever seen, and it didn't get much better from there. While our own review gave the game a decent 6.5/10 score, the game itself has received a mixed to negative reception, with most wondering why we didn't get a remake of the original beloved games from the early 2000's.

roadmap revealed and numerous patches having been sent out. Let's talk about the latest one, shall we?

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)

November 21st, 2021, 21:31
Playing this on GamePass. Don't think I'd ever buy it outright, unless is was a very deep discount. It is janky and lacks polish but if you just want some fantasy-based battling, it's ok… though would have preferred a sequel that was more akin to the original games.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

November 21st, 2021, 22:42
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
Playing this on GamePass. Don't think I'd ever buy it outright, unless is was a very deep discount. It is janky and lacks polish but if you just want some fantasy-based battling, it's ok… though would have preferred a sequel that was more akin to the original games.
Ditto, but I wonder if the patch makes it more playable. Seems like they put in a large number of fixes to the AI.

tekulte

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 21st, 2021, 22:44
I heard and read so many negatives about this product that I sincerely doubt I'll ever purchase it. Having said that, it's nice to see that those that did buy it are getting some free additional content, at the very least.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2021, 14:14
I think I'm the only one in the entire planet who enjoyed the game. Will play the DLC too.
--
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 22nd, 2021, 20:20
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
I think I'm the only one in the entire planet who enjoyed the game. Will play the DLC too.
No, I heard of a guy in Canada who likes it … you're not from Canada, are you?

tekulte

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Alliance - Free DLC: The Crystal Wraiths