Steam - GOTY Nominations - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Steam - GOTY Nominations

Default Steam - GOTY Nominations

November 24th, 2021, 22:33
Steam is collecting nominations for the Game of the Year 2021, votes end on December 1st (10am PST).

THE STEAM AWARDS

NOMINATE NOW.

VOTE DURING THE WINTER SALE.

WINNERS ANNOUNCED JAN 3RD @ 10AM PST.

It is time again to convene the Steam Award Selection Committee, whose sole task is to nominate the best and brightest of the year. This esteemed committee is composed of those most qualified to judge: you! You must determine who elevated the medium of games, by metrics as unique as the field of contenders. To that end, we present a few new categories by which to measure greatness. The choice is yours - now go forth and nominate!

[…]
More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 22:35
… and this coincides with their Autumn Sales

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

November 25th, 2021, 22:43
I always have a hard time making nominations because I never play games the year they come out, I rely on what comments people make about them. This year was particularly hard - have any good games been released this year other than Pathfinder?
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

November 25th, 2021, 23:17
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
I always have a hard time making nominations because I never play games the year they come out, I rely on what comments people make about them. This year was particularly hard - have any good games been released this year other than Pathfinder?
It's probably very subjective, and Steam has particular categories that don't reflect everyone's tastes.

Like you, I often play games later too. And I often buy on GOG which reduces the choice on Steam's awards. I don't play many games anyway.

I could place Baldur's Gate in "Labor of love" since Beamdog worked on a big patch this year. And WotR that I first placed as GOTY, but since Owlcat Games is betting on "Outstanding Story-Rich" and it's fine for me, I moved it there. Besides, I don't think they stand a chance as GOTY because comparatively few people play this in the Steam community.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

November 25th, 2021, 23:55
I'm tossing between nominating WotR as GOTY or best story game. Leaning towards GOTY - I get that it probably has higher chance of winning best story category but my heart tells me to ignore the silly steam politics.

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
+1:

November 26th, 2021, 01:09
Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
I'm tossing between nominating WotR as GOTY or best story game. Leaning towards GOTY - I get that it probably has higher chance of winning best story category but my heart tells me to ignore the silly steam politics.
This is my problem as well. It is easily my GOTY and feels odd to classify it in a sub-category.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 07:37
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Solasta is very much worth your time, though I'd hope it would be nominated I wouldn't be expecting it to win GOTY. Seems overly harsh not to mention it in some way though.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 18:32
I'll have to narrow down my choices of seven rpg-maker type games for my choice of the year. Time to get cracking on that.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Steam - GOTY Nominations