Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Free DLC and new Content - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Free DLC and new Content

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Free DLC and new Content

November 25th, 2021, 01:16
Owlcat Games announced they've added two small free DLCs.

Autumn Sale and Free DLC

[…]

New portraits and customization options

Say hello to our first free DLC -- Faces of War, which adds a couple of new portraits, new hairstyles, beards, and colour options! And you will also be able to zoom in on your character in the character menu and take a closer look at their face!

Till death do us part

You've heard stories of love conquering death, but old Sarkoris, currently known as the Worldwound, is far from a fairy-tale land. Visit a brand-new area in chapter 5 and witness a celebration of love turned into a deadly trap -- in the new free DLC Love Beyond Death.

That's all for today. Don't forget to let us know what you think of the new free DLC, and how the wedding went!
More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

November 25th, 2021, 01:43
Omg I love that hair lol

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

November 25th, 2021, 02:05
So two Pathfinder news-bits on one day. Seems Owlcats been busy.

As for the DLC meh is all I can say. Better portraits are available online.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)

November 25th, 2021, 10:32
They've also asked their fans to consider a vote for the "Outstanding Story-Rich Game" category on Steam.

Which is strange, I had already voted for the GOTY category (and you can only have 1 category). Perhaps they think it's too much.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

+1:

November 25th, 2021, 11:03
The extra character model options will be welcome!
But Geez how long does it take to create a portrait? 10 minutes? Once you have found a good portrait that is!
I doubt extra portraits will be much good, or useful given the option to make your own, but I hope I am proved wrong.
I find it so hard to find good portrait pictures of good male warriors, and especially good male middle-aged mages. If you want a woman, then OMG how many choices are there!!

Stahl33

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 25th, 2021, 11:29
It's hard to propose portraits that more demanding players like, usually we hunt for *the* portrait that fits our story. But at least it provides a better choice to most other players, it's nice of Owlcat Games to take the time for that.

What I wonder is whether it's easier to change the portrait in a game that has started, now. If they could add that to their interface, that would help a lot.

I know there are mods, but they have downsides (for ex. if one likes achievements). I'm not sure there are tools to do that outside of the game, except the not-so-friendly little script I made a few weeks ago.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

November 25th, 2021, 15:46
Is it playable yet?

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

November 25th, 2021, 23:52
Originally Posted by Stahl33 View Post
But Geez how long does it take to create a portrait? 10 minutes? Once you have found a good portrait that is!
I doubt extra portraits will be much good, or useful given the option to make your own, but I hope I am proved wrong.
I find it so hard to find good portrait pictures of good male warriors, and especially good male middle-aged mages. If you want a woman, then OMG how many choices are there!!
Painted portraits are very costly - I had a look at commission prices. I also took a look at a number of Krita tutorials to create painted portrait - it takes a while from what I've seen. As someone who love painted portraits, I appreciate Owlcats giving us more choices

Interesting how you think its easier to find decent female portrait - I have extremely hard time finding ones that are nice but not half naked!

Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Is it playable yet?
I'm almost done with my 2nd run and didn't run into any major issues. I play in RTwP mode and don't use mounted combat tho.

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 00:24
The font size does not work at all now, not to mention tooltip delay which has never even worked, and it is quite irritating.
But nevertheless the game is a masterpiece.

Ryzwitcher

Vještac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 26th, 2021, 07:28
Originally Posted by Ryzwitcher View Post
The font size does not work at all now, not to mention tooltip delay which has never even worked, and it is quite irritating.
But nevertheless the game is a masterpiece.
Never noticed anything wrong with the font size. No idea what you are talking about.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

November 28th, 2021, 16:40
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
Never noticed anything wrong with the font size. No idea what you are talking about.
Under settings you can't resize fonts no matter what you do, it stays the same.

Ryzwitcher

Vještac

November 28th, 2021, 17:45
Originally Posted by Ryzwitcher View Post
Under settings you can't resize fonts no matter what you do, it stays the same.
It's not visible immediately in every window. For example, the text that was already in the chat log will not change, but new text will. But if you open another window like the journal, you should see the changes immediately (if that's not the case you could try to verify the integrity of your installation).

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

November 29th, 2021, 01:03
Cool. Very Owlcat. Here's some DLC while we continue to work on patches.

'tis a beautiful game, though - and only getting even prettier.
--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Sentinel

November 29th, 2021, 01:16
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Is it playable yet?
Just finished my third complete run through the whole game and now on my 4th and beyond some minor issues with a romance not working in one play through, and a few small hiccups on a side quest or two that mostly resolved itself, haven't had any big issues. Like Purple, however, I play on RTWP mode. I also don't believe in respeccing so I never had to worry with the bugs around that.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Free DLC and new Content