Broken Roads - Level Design - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Broken Roads - Level Design

Default Broken Roads - Level Design

May 13th, 2022, 13:53
Redglyph spotted the newest dev-blog (with pictures) for Broken Roads:

Dev Blog: Level Design With an Art Perspective

Today's devblog is with Luke Dorman, our intrepid Level Designer and Unity integration expert. Luke's going to walk us through Ardath, a location in Broken Roads that holds a special place in our hearts. Our very own hive of scum and villainy, Ardath is where you'll find the very best of black market goods and the (almost) worst that humanity has to offer. Collectively, the people living here can be a bit disorganised, but they know how to throw a punch, how to take one, and best of all, they brew their own beer. Cheers, Luke!

Hello, all! I'm Luke, the Level Designer of Broken Roads, and today I'll be going over some of the things I use from an art perspective when creating and assembling levels for Broken Roads!

We'll be looking at some of the props and objects around the Ardath Hotel. Ardath is a small settlement filled with thugs, thieves, artists, and those who were rejected from other societies. These people are bandits, pillagers, and raiders, but they feel truly free here in Ardath.

The Ardath Hotel is of course based on the real-world equivalent in the actual location of Ardath in Western Australia. The 3D model of the building was done by Bianca Roux, and the texturing was done by Sara Laubscher, both brought the building to life while giving it that Aussie post-apoc flair!

[…]
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)

May 14th, 2022, 00:06
Now that BG3 and Starfield have both been pushed back to 2023, this is one of the games, along with Monomyth, that I'm counting on to play later in the year.

I hope this doesn't get delayed as well.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
+1:

May 14th, 2022, 01:16
The artstyle is beautiful, and other aspects look very interesting too, very much looking forward to getting this game when its released.
--
"Peace is the virtue of civilization. War is its crime.”
-Victor Hugo
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

May 14th, 2022, 02:34
I think they said the art team is a lot the same people who worked on the Shadowrun games.

They're still saying it will release in 2022, but the year is almost half over and I wouldn't be surprised if this gets pushed back to next year.

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

May 14th, 2022, 10:54
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Now that BG3 and Starfield have both been pushed back to 2023, this is one of the games, along with Monomyth, that I'm counting on to play later in the year.
And hopefully Urban Strife. None of them has the same ambition as Starfield, but I'm looking forward to them.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

May 19th, 2022, 12:39
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
And hopefully Urban Strife. None of them has the same ambition as Starfield, but I'm looking forward to them.
Has there been any update about Urban Strife since the demo was released. I know you shared a small update about them not being able to join the Sream-fest again.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)

May 19th, 2022, 13:12
I quickly deleted my long answer about Urban Strife … when I saw it was a thread about BR and thought I had misread your post (EDIT: it's been a bad night so I'm a bit of a mess)

In short, no official news since last autumn. They posted this last month, and they said somewhere else that they wouldn't do EA.

We're a small team and each of us are doing like ten things at once so site updates are reserved for major stuff. I know, it's not much of an excuse but it is what it is ))

But truth is we have been quiet, maybe too quiet. We have been adding layers of RPG and it is kind of hard to share that in an update and not reveal major spoilers. Keep an eye on our Twitter page though, you should see some stuff there once in a while.

Our immediate goal is to have the main game campaign running in a couple of maps, then build on that. Basically we're trying to start a war among the warlords and have fun taking sides. Sadly we can't take part in any other Steam festival until autumn, but who knows, maybe there will be other events where we'll showcase the newer stuff. No promises there yet, though.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

May 19th, 2022, 13:24
Yeah off-topic I know but I'm glad they aren't doing EA.

So to get back on-topic I can't wait to play Broken Roads as well.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)

May 19th, 2022, 13:31
I started it, so…

I was hoping for a demo of Broken Roads, but it doesn't look like we'll have one. They give more regular feedback on their work though.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Broken Roads - Level Design