King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Update on June 23 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Update on June 23

Default King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Update on June 23

June 21st, 2022, 19:03
King Arthur: Knight's Tale will get a major update on June 23 (with reduced install size):

The Chained God - Out June 23

Knights,

these past few weeks were spent busy around the studio, and we're super excited to announce that Knight's Tale's first major update will hit Steam in just 3 days!
This means that come June 23, you will be able to embark on a mini-adventure to find out how Balor, the monstrous God-King of the Fomorians managed to free himself from the chains binding him. And we've got a couple more things in store too!

Revamped Endgame

First off all, with the new patch, we're reworking the structure of the Endgame in manner similar to Seasons in other titles. This means that each seasonal content update will focus on a new enemy faction, this time around the Fomorians. The Endgame will consist dozens of maps
(just like in the current iteration), 12 of which are against the season's main antagonist faction. Besides this, you will be able to earn seasonal currency that you can exchange for unique rewards and enchants, as well as power-ups for these items.

Fixes & balance changes

We're also addressing various balance issues and several bugs reported by the amazing people in the community - our gratitude goes out to everyone who reported these to us on the forums and through Discord. With these, you can expect a more balanced experience and fewer difficulty spikes during the campaign, no matter which difficulty level you're playing on.

Guess the guest!

Last but not least, we have a surprise guest appearance in this update, someone who many of you are familiar with. Let's keep their identity a secret for now, but make sure to check back later this week to find out. Until then, get those cogs turning and leave your guesses in the comments!

Avalon awaits!
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)

June 21st, 2022, 19:28
I saw that. I think this should have been done before but better late than never.

Hope it doesn't slow the game down though.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)

June 21st, 2022, 22:40
I don't know if I like that "seasonal endgame" thing. I tend to associate this term 'Season' to ARPGs (DIII, Path of Exile etc).
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; June 21st, 2022 at 23:21.

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

June 22nd, 2022, 08:21
Despite spending hundreds on video games every year I still can't bring myself to pay the $45 asking price. Probably psychological, but I feel like they shouldn't be asking over $40.

jpnole

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 22nd, 2022, 12:21
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
I don't know if I like that "seasonal endgame" thing. I tend to associate this term 'Season' to ARPGs (DIII, Path of Exile etc).
I don't understand what they mean so for now I'm ignoring it.

I don't think I'll finish before tomorrow so if it shows up I'll let you know.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

June 22nd, 2022, 18:36
My understanding, from a forum thread on Steam, is that they're going to release seasonal content - but unlike some other games who are doing this, that content will stick around forever and not disappear at the end of the season. That being the case, it seems like not quite the right term… it sounds really just like some free DLC - but who knows, maybe it'll somehow be themed enough to feel like it belongs to a "season".

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

June 22nd, 2022, 19:55
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
My understanding, from a forum thread on Steam, is that they're going to release seasonal content - but unlike some other games who are doing this, that content will stick around forever and not disappear at the end of the season. That being the case, it seems like not quite the right term… it sounds really just like some free DLC - but who knows, maybe it'll somehow be themed enough to feel like it belongs to a "season".
That doesn't sound bad but I'm unlikely to replay this for a long time as I have other games on my list [emoji4]

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

June 22nd, 2022, 19:57
Not a fan of seasonal DLC myself but at least they won't remove it like other developers. As for finally compressing the game like they should have before it's release bravo.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)

June 22nd, 2022, 20:31
Originally Posted by jpnole View Post
Despite spending hundreds on video games every year I still can't bring myself to pay the $45 asking price. Probably psychological, but I feel like they shouldn't be asking over $40.
same here, i find the price too steep. 35 would be the max
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

June 22nd, 2022, 20:40
Be glad this isn't another Square Enix game charging $70.

Now that's overpriced.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
+1:

June 22nd, 2022, 20:42
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Not a fan of seasonal DLC myself but at least they won't remove it like other developers. As for finally compressing the game like they should have before it's release bravo.
Yeah, I hate that practice and fear it will become more common. Humankind starting releasing content that is only playable within a certain window and then is gone… that does not make me want to play the game more.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

June 22nd, 2022, 20:45
Yeah, that sounds more like DLC than seasonal content. They can call it whatever they like though if they're doing it for free.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)

June 22nd, 2022, 22:00
If you're correct then it's OK, I'll love that. The more (and persistent) content they do, the merrier
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; June 23rd, 2022 at 00:27.

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

June 23rd, 2022, 04:51
I'm really enjoying this game… I'm in Act 3 and not bored, yet. Quite impressed, and not at all regretting the price tag. I'd like to see more things to do between 'missions', but not a bad game at all.

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

June 23rd, 2022, 08:57
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I'm really enjoying this game… I'm in Act 3 and not bored, yet. Quite impressed, and not at all regretting the price tag. I'd like to see more things to do between 'missions', but not a bad game at all.
Same -I think I'm in Act 4 now though.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

June 23rd, 2022, 20:58
It's on the Steam Summer Sale, for $29.24. 35% off.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

June 24th, 2022, 00:00
Steam has finally recovered, and their patch is out.

The Chained God - Content Update for Knight's Tale | June 23

They still don't know how much space it takes nor the patch size
The occupied hard drive space of Knight's Tale has been decreased by more than (%). The current size was reached by compressing most textures as well as models

Side effect: due to the aforementioned changes the current patch has a much bigger size as the update restructures and replaces many files in the game's directory. All saves will remain playable

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)

June 24th, 2022, 01:31
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Steam has finally recovered, and their patch is out.

The Chained God - Content Update for Knight's Tale | June 23

They still don't know how much space it takes nor the patch size
Mine's now 38GB, so quite a good compression rate. Also a surprise they didn't think of this earlier.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

June 24th, 2022, 14:57
Could be that they simply forgot to apply the compression before the release, I've seen bigger fuck ups. Glad to see it's positively received, I loved their W40K game (although I only played it after the big patch that overhauled it).
Last edited by Ivanwah; June 24th, 2022 at 19:57.

Ivanwah

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Update on June 23