King's Bounty - Released @ GamersGate

Really upsetting.
I'm from Italy and they've blocked the prduct purchase option for my country.

........................ blast marketing!

Anyone have a date when the boxed version will be available???

I only do digital download when forced to... I like to hold the box and CD/DVD in my hands. This is a game I want, so if it's the only option I will probably buy it... but I would much prefer a real item with mass :)

I only do digital download when forced to... I like to hold the box and CD/DVD in my hands. This is a game I want, so if it's the only option I will probably buy it... but I would much prefer a real item with mass :)

I have the same desire to clutch comething physical in my hand, narpet. :) From this little snip at GamersHell, the release date they've given is apparently Setember 23 in NA which would be today:

The Legend, previously known as Battle Lord, will hit the store shelves across North America on September 23rd.

I'll look around and see if I see any confirmation anywhere. Gogamer is saying available Sept 24.
@ Gragnak: Italy and France get the download October 10.

I've seen different dates in different stores. My preorder status page says it'll ship the 27th. Amazon's page says it'll be available the 25th while Best Buy says it'll be available the 29th.
I know... shouldn't I get it faster if I preorder? Well, sadly, that's almost never the case when you pre-order online. Basically there is no benefit for preordering a game online, you'll always get it later than if you hadn't. I wish game companies let online pre-orders ship before the 'release' date. I think some do. In my case, I just had a $50 Amazon gift certificate so I'll have to wait for my 'pre-order' longer than those that didn't preorder *grumble*

Cant you use proxy? :)

Eh eh.
I tryed to use a proxy and register from New York.
Nothing to do.
Perhaps I'll be able to buy it on line later.

I can't understand why they can't release a game at the same time in USA and Europe (at least the English version).

I'll try to be patient.

It is available as of today in the USA. Not sure of your region. The demo was a lot of fun waiting for reviews on the full game before I bite... :)

Sloow

Very slow download - 1992 hours to go!

Fluctuates between 20 and 50k on Gamersgate. Seems I am not the only one with slow download issues, so might want to save your cash for now :)

Re: - Anyone have a date when the boxed version will be available???

I dropped by the local 'game co uk' and asked about King's Bounty, the guy said he hadn't heard of it (they're one of the biggest retail outlet in the uk!) - i asked would he like to check it out and after thumbing his way through several pages of delivery invoices said "yep, it's down for the 23rd" - i said good it's the 23rd today, "not quite" he replied...."the 23rd of October" ! !

'Game co uk' are usually spot on with their release dates.

you can also download it. (Link Deleted)

although I think it might be an alpha...

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if the original kings bounty might be abandonware I still don't think you should link to that site full of illegal stuff.

I hope your problem's not caused by STARFORCE....
Try to check the ini file or the options and disable all advnced sound options.

I dl'd the demo and played for a while... and I really like it. It reminds me of the original... very nice artwork and the turn based combat is a blast.

I think I will be buying this one...

After playing the demo I like the way that real time is done before you engage in combat. It makes it seem a lot less static.

It would be nice if there was a chase camera instead of constantly turning. One thing about turning the camera though is you lose your sense of direction.

Very apropros to another thread here, is it true there's no multiplayer in this one?

If so, I'll be very sad as it looked like just the ticket for HoMM fans like the GF and I.

Back
Top Bottom