Quantcast
GMDX : "Definite Deus Ex experience" - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » GMDX : "Definite Deus Ex experience"

Default GMDX : "Definite Deus Ex experience"

April 23rd, 2017, 18:02
It's a mod currently in public Beta ( still available) for original Deus Ex.

Has a long list of upgrades, from UI, AI, graphical improvements, etc… listed at home page:

http://www.givemedeusex.com/
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

April 26th, 2017, 05:07
I've tried GMDX, and it's really good. It's a lot better than the overrated Revision mod imo.

Also, I don't think it's in Beta. Afaik, it's been more or less finished for awhile now, but they're still adding updates and improvements.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 26th, 2017, 07:31
Found a side by side comparison on YT.

Moriendor

Spielkind

April 26th, 2017, 20:53
There's no let's play? I doubt it's that good then. the problem with mods is they are free and plenty players are very indulgent because it's free. At end it's hard to say the real quality from opinions.

Dasale

SasqWatch

April 26th, 2017, 21:32
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
There's no let's play? I doubt it's that good then. the problem with mods is they are free and plenty players are very indulgent because it's free. At end it's hard to say the real quality from opinions.
We can count on Fluent doing some LP, right Fluent?
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 6th, 2017, 19:02
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
I can't agree with that logic, thinking people won't criticise something because it's free is so easy to disprove. Be it mods, gifts, games or anything else, at best they might bite their tongue when it's genuine gift from someone.

If anything actual research has shown people are more likely to overlook flaws in things for which they've sacrificed, even going so far so to seek validation and defending it, thus also defending themselves and decision making to sacrifice to obtain it.

Which all ties in nicely with people getting so defensive or even offensive when someone criticises a product or brand they've supported.

Someone having sacrificed/paid for something, brings their opinion of it far more into question that if they had obtained it for free (obviously excluding the shenanigans that usually accompany product endorsement, disclosed or otherwise, which usually come with other "benefits" not directly related to the thing being criticised).

Watchtower

Watcher

May 7th, 2017, 12:05
Originally Posted by Watchtower View Post
Someone having sacrificed/paid for something, brings their opinion of it far more into question that if they had obtained it for free (obviously excluding the shenanigans that usually accompany product endorsement, disclosed or otherwise, which usually come with other "benefits" not directly related to the thing being criticised).
One aspect but not the only one, it's really about praising with a low quality requirement. It's related to "game worth its price" that is used by more and more players.

Myself I saw too many examples to not discard common feedback on mods, as soon as it's not crap, people feel forced to be positive, it's free so they feel forced to be thankful, and it's from someone who is like in same clan so they feel forced be positive. It's a matter of good education and good relationship management. Only if it's an obvious crap then it's another matter.

Another element is as it's free, those who pick the mod and play it, fit better to mod design spirit, there's a natural selection. And it generates a misguiding amount of positive feedback that will hardly be put back in context, a very specific gameplay choice.

Dasale

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » GMDX : "Definite Deus Ex experience"