Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes for the NDS Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Worthplaying has news we were expecting with a Might & Magic puzzle game called Clash of Heroes announced for the Nintendo DS:
Through five unique and epic quests, players will alternate exploration and turn-based puzzle battles in the game to save the world of Ashan from demonic chaos. Might & Magic Clash of Heroes also adopts a brand new manga-style art design that is perfectly suited to Nintendo DS. In a world populated by knights, elves, wizards, necromancers and demons, gamers can manage their own hero, customize their army and lead campaigns in the mythic Might & Magic world.
"Our fans have always appreciated the depth and richness of the Might & Magic universe,” said Romain de Waubert de Genlis, senior producer at Ubisoft. "The teams at Ubisoft and Capybara were inspired to extend that universe in a unique way onto the DS, creating an engaging new game experience.”
Four screens are on offer and the game is due in August.
More information.

Another game using the Might & Magic label that has ZERO resemblence to the Might & Magic RPG franchise. Booooo.

Especially when there are other games in the M&M style that have been successful for the DS.

I am looking forward to it, but it looks to be the 'Fallout 3 of the M&M franchise ...

I think that's giving it way too much credit.....

More that it borrows from the origins and will bear enough lore to pass as authentic, but is otherwise unrelated.

True, but at least Fallout 3 was the same genre.

A M&M puzzle game?!?

I see this as a sort of puzzle-strategy-RPG hybrid, sort of like Puzzle Quest.

I'd pay $40 for a Might and Magic 10 with 8's graphics :)

I would pay almost anything for Might and Magic 10 with modern graphics but gameplay and style like World of Xeen.

I only see that games (gameplay-wise, and graphics, too) are popping up for the NDS which won't ever be on the PC platform nowadays.

No M&M 6 was the best, but to each his own.

This will probably be a day one purchase for me. All things considered Might and Magic and Gothic switch back and forth as my favorite RPG series. This DS game may indeed just borrow from the lore and conventions but frankly I don't seem much out there right now like a Might and Magic game.

BTW, I'd be interested in hearing what type of DS games are like Might and Magic. Seems to me most the the RPGs out there are either tactical, strategy RPGs or move in the vein of Dragon Warrior(actiony). (I think Etherean Odyssey was more like a Wizardry game).

Back
Top Bottom