Risen - Bestiary Update: Ogres

could not be missing. :cool:
________
24 forums

Last edited:
meh...
(Just to reach to 10 characters limit)

Seem exactly like the orcs in first Gothic - not facial appearance, but rather the character description. Big, mean and ugly.... check.... kill you in one blow .... check.... semi-intelligent..... check..... rumors that some speak the human tongue (think Ur-Shak in Gothic).... check.... tribal looking decorum..... check.... some have been made slaves.... check....

Those were orcs though, not ogres. Ogres were only found in G3.

Anyhow, the whole "life debt" thing sounds very Wookiee inspired, but other than that they sound like typical ogres to me.

Typical ogres is already awfull enough. They were horrible too fight as melee char in G3: fast and very strong

Somebody at PB has developed an utility belt fetish :)

Somebody at PB has developed an utility belt fetish :)

Well of course! Only because BATMAN is the coolest fictional character pretty much like, EVAH! He's the inventor of the utility belt for cryin' out loud!

Can't wait to play Batman: Arkham Asylum when it comes out.

Sorry for thread derail. ;)

Thanks Gobbo. After seeing the additional shots here I'm wondering if his big stick is supposed to be a baby pacifier on the end, or a representation of genitalia? Anyone else notice this?

Yes, but as Quy said "Think about the children" and he also stated ogres breed differently, they don't need any genitalia.

I certainly wasn't in awe.
Looks kinda generic to me

I had a similar impression of the ogre. Strange because it doesn't look like a creature that I've seen so far, but it just doesn't feel right. Perhaps it will be better when the game comes out.

Too bad they haven't hired any animators. That must be the single feeblest creature video in the history of computer games.

Why? As far as idle animations go these have a bit of a dated look (especially transitions), but nothing that would strike me as outstandingly terrible?

Back
Top Bottom