The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I'll remember that remark the next time you need a firewall or similar!!

I think how much healing you need depends on the quality of the raid participants. If the group knows well what to do and you have a great tank who can hold aggro in VoD then it's easy. But when you have some squishies who die easily then the healer has a terrible job.

Some people don't know where to stand to get heals and that means they move away from the group in panic when they get hit hard. It's hard to them with mass cures because heals are centered on the melees. Healing a chaotic group is demanding.

I've also solo healed VoD on hard and done it well. But that was is guild runs where I was the extra one. In most pug's you have players who are not coordinated well and then the healers get a lot of extra work. Therefore I think that it's best to have multiple healers so you don't rely upon just one person and everything fails if this person is hit hard.

The same with Shroud. I've solo healed shroud runs, but it's certainly very exhausting. I have to be alert all the time and can't afford to mess up. If blades get close to me then I have to both evade and continue to heal. It's easier for all with more healers because one can have temporary problems and the other can still heal the melees.

Regardless of what we say my experience is that healers often tend to run out of mana in VoD and must use lots of pots. Two days ago a VoD run disintegrated because a cleric (I was the FvS) refused to enter the quest unless the group gave him 20 or so mana pots. That was a level 20 cleric with epic gear in most slots. He said he was tired of burning his pots for no compensation. So he left and we were left with just me as a healer.

In most VoD's I join you see the raid leader asking healers if they have scrolls, pots etc. because you HAVE TO use a lot of them in addition to your regular mana. Some healers join without and inside the raid it's too late to rectify that mistake. So you can solo heal VoD if you have prepared with pots and scrolls (like you do), but unfortunately that is not normal.

Last edited:
A directory of DDO music, as complete as possible : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=365183

There is still a great discussion going on on Guild Renown and Guild renown Decay.

The discussion itself is here : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=361368
The official article explaining the system (as it was intended to be) is here : http://www.ddo.com/ddogameinfo/developer-diaries/1037-guild-leveling-system

The imho most impoprtant message from this article is this :

Guild levels below 26 do not decay. As a guild reaches the highest levels, the rate of decay will increase.

I probably won't be available Saturday evening.

I have placed a few more energy resistence items into the chest.
Through a quest of Ataraxia's Haven ? Heaven ? I gained +2 intelligence googles ! :)
Plus +3 armor bracers. Replace my +2 ones I had crafted a week or so ago.

The current discount page lists the usual free item - this time it is a so-called "lesser slayer count boost", whatever thgis means. Coupon code is this : LSCB99

And last two points - the first one is a serious question regarding the Cake-loving Djinni : Should my Ranger rather take the dexterity or the strength item ?
And my Wizard rather constitution or intelligence ?
Ranger : http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/alrikadaram
Wizard : http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/daracaram

The second point is relatively simple : Is it possible to use the "Message Of The Day" thing to inform others of what's going on ? I mean, to announce items placed into the chest, not being available for a session and so on ?
In the forums there has already been suggested to do a "message board" for guild-internal communication. Something like indeed this "message of the day" thing, only expanded as a message board. I hope the developers do this.

For Ranger I'd take Dex over Str and for Wiz, Int unless Con is very low. As someone who shall remain nameless often points out to me; you need the Con to stay alive long enough to use the Int!! :)

Feel free to use Message of the Day.

As someone who shall remain nameless often points out to me; you need the Con to stay alive long enough to use the Int!! :)

Well, that's exactly my reasoning, too.

Feel free to use Message of the Day.

Thanks. :)

I probably won't be available this evening (local time) since I'm visiting a good friend who lives about an hour of driving away from me. We rarely see each other so we're going to spend a nice late afternoon / early evening together. :)

Con is a stat everybody needs and you should look for items that can give you toughness, *** false life etc. as well. If you ever do Shroud then crafting for a hp item is probably a good idea.

The point is that most quests are about survivability and you need a certain threshold of hitpoints to survive the damage given by bosses, traps etc. Healers can't heal dead people. Then you must be raised first and that takes time.

With some effort you can boost your hp by almost 100 and that's a big difference. One example is 45 hp from the GS item, 20 hp and heavy fort from minos legens, 30hp from a greater false life belt. If you also wear a +6 con item and have eaten a +2 con tome, used enhancement points and a feat for toughness then you're doing fine. Oh, and I forgot getting the +2 con buff from the airship.

So whatever class you play you should focus on boosting your con. Fortunately you can do it without disrupting the plan for your main stat.

Okay, I'll take then the CON items from the "Birthday Djinni".

Last edited:
That might explain the blindness issue I had yesterday. I had to re-log to fix it!!

Yes, Blindness was listed there, too.

I gues I did a screenshot of that "pumpkin guy", too. Without knowing - there was one, and I just did a screenshot of him. This creature is so rare … ;)

… And I still have my Taken Cookie from Festivult … ;)

Edit : The "Guild Renown Horse Race", begun in 2010, last updated today : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=268181&page=13
Shows some interesting data, but since I'm playing for fun I don't really care about it.

Edit : DDO becomes Cloud-based ? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=365298

Last edited:
I begin to feel like a news feed aggregator from the DDO forums now … :lol:

Well, today I managed to get into tier 1 favour of House Jorasco. But their main house is still empty, what I just cannot understand. Completely empty ! I had hoped this would change as soon as I had the appropriate favour …

The last fight deep in the bottom of the Duergar (almost spoken by the DM as "Dürgar" - if you need to know how the German "ü" is pronounced, listen to him, lol ! ;) ) mine was kind of a "hit & run" - or rather a "hit, die & run" work between the resurrection shrine and all of the Duergar next door (which stood open, of course), in which they fortunately could not see me and my Cleric hireling as well.
Dying and resurrection took place I think it was 3 times - for both the hireling and me. The optional "end boss" died surprisingly fast - perhaps it had something to do with the fact that the hireling summoned a "monster" of almost equal strength …

About dying …I dragged poor hireling Flower (yes, it's her again ! ;) :lol: ) through half of the Haunted Library - until I could finally fing a shrine for her. I think i must redo this quest one day, because at one point the walls rushed past me, as I fell downwards … Totally unexpected.

But on the other hand that was kind of expected … Because of my "meeting" with the Duergar …

Since then, I have a brand new +4 two handed Greatsword (I think this is the correct English word for that ?).

And I tried the Easter Egg Search ! :lol: Well, that was fun ! :lol:
The reward was not so much fun, but still good enough for my Wizard.

And last : I think I saw another Dragon ! Its wings were barely visible, but this dragon was flowing around the boundaries of the marketplace ! I did a screenshot (I think I did far too many today, lol), but I won't post it here because you can only see a part of a wing. (It could have been the same dragon as well, I think.)

Edit : If you need a laugh : It's the Health Neclace Of Death !!! *shudders*
This thread also incorporates a few serious comments by one of the developers on the matter - on how health is computed, to be exact.

Edit : It seems a few bits for The Abbot has been changed - from a discussion : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4340244&postcount=41

Edit : Different Raid approaches on different Servers ?
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=365440
Looks like an interesting find …

Edit : And last : A few imho nice suggestions for low-level shards (in crafting) : http://my.ddo.com/turbinecommunity/2012/03/06/crafting-withcourtney-episode-37-potentially-awesome/

Last edited:
Ha, if you want to race with death, there's a little quest out in the desert 3 of us ran yesterday which gives new meaning to the expression!! :)

:lol:

I think I'll buy another Turbine Points card next month. ;)

Last edited:
Ha, if you want to race with death, there's a little quest out in the desert 3 of us ran yesterday which gives new meaning to the expression!! :)

To be fair, we were shortmanning it on elite. And it's not exactly the easiest quest in the game, it has a well-earned reputation to the contrary actually. And we were ill-equipped for it.

Still, we completed, and got a metric ton of xp out of it. And Corwin even got some steel shields!

Ah, nice ! :)

Back
Top Bottom