1. N

Battle for Esturia

For the past two years I've been developing an old-school open world tactical RPG in my spare time. The game has simple tile-based graphics reminiscent of the 1980s, as I am a programmer by trade, not an artist. The game takes its inspiration from classic CRPGs like Ultima and Baldurs Gate, but...
  2. Hellwalker

The Way of Wrath - Tactical, turn-based RPG

Hi! I wanted to share the RPG game I have been working on for past two years. :D efchn006ieo Steam | GOG | Discord | Twitter | Facebook | Reddit The Way of Wrath is a story-driven, turn-based, tactical RPG with fort management and dynamic, hand-crafted open world. Fort Management: You are...
  3. B

Gloria Victis – medieval open world MMO RPG

Hi folks! I’m one of designers working on Gloria Victis. Maybe some of you already know the game. If not: it’s a medieval open world MMORPG, featuring non-target combat (MnB/War of the Roses-like), open PVP, territory control and player-driven economy. We’re wondering if you guys play such games...
  4. Zloth

Biomutant

There was a big interview on PC Gamer for Biomutant today: https://www.pcgamer.com/biomutant-shows-off-intricate-character-customisation-and-some-of-its-500000-weapon-combos/ Could be a very interesting game. It's certainly got the production values going. It might even help scratch that old...
  5. TSD

The Six Dragons - Open World RPG

Hello fellow enthusiasts, I'm Savvas, 33 years old guy from Greece (yeah we sink…). I am a gamer for 20 years and especially an RPG hardcore gamer for many years and always wanted to make my own game, but work and other real life (meh…) stuff kept it just a dream, until 2 years ago that I...
  6. R

A Superhero VR Game - First Impact: Rise of a Hero

Hello Everyone, We are working on a superhero virtual reality action-RPG called, First Impact: Rise of a Hero. Players will assume the role of a civilian-turned-superhero after being struck by a meteor. The game will be available in 2017 for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift and features a...
  7. Zloth

Open World Difficulty Difficulties

One of the tricky things with open world games is keeping the player challenged. If you want players to be able to go more-or-less where they want then you have to keep the initial challenges low in every direction. The player will pick a direction and go - seeing bigger challenges as they...
  8. R

Torchlight II Giveaway

To help promote Tanzia's Steam Greenlight campaign, we're giving away copies of Torchlight II and Dragon Age: Origins! This is an exclusive giveaway for rpgwatch forum members. Tanzia is an open 3D world RPG by a small indie developer. The development team has worked on a lot of big RPGs...