1. Void000

What makes an RPG go from good to great?

So, I'm happy to announce I get to playtest a new video game in its early stages, and the team are taking suggestions on mechanics. I thought it might be helpful for feedback if I interviewed a few RPG veterans about what makes an RPG tick, since I have very niche tastes, and don't want to be...
  2. Void000

Newsworthy

Hey, I'm here to post about a game I've been testing, early access, but it's paid for itself many times over. This may or may not qualify as news, since it's non-RPG related. The game is called Haxity, and it's a cyberpunk card drafting game like Slay the Spire, rogue-like of course, but with...
  3. R

Ask forgotten game

Hello guys, I'm new hereā€¦ I ever play on my teen age, a game with this specification: (*which I forgot the name of the game) - It's isometric rpg like diablo, but it has character human like only - It's has quests to finished (just like most of all rpg games) - The quest can be achieved by...
  4. T

Last game on Steam Greenlight, Kotaku and Jim Sterlin cover us!

Hello! My name is Alexandru Nechita and together with Alex Nae we are working on The Underground King. The game is a racing strategy RPG for PC / Mac & Linux where you recruit the city's lowlifes, assemble junkyard cars and have them compete in street racing for profit and infamy! We just...
  5. M

GUARDIANS OF ARCADIA (Steam)

Fabula Epica released a new trailer for their JRPG-inspired title GUARDIANS OF ARCADIA. The upcoming 3D role-playing game features classic adventuring, storytelling and turn-based, strategic combat aimed at rekindling the classic nostalgia from the yesteryears of gaming, but designed to appeal...
  6. T

help me find a game?

I have been trying to find a game I played a long time ago, it's not famous. Looks like it was made on some version of RPG Maker, and it is an RPG. You play as Garrick, you go into the woods and kill things, eventually you kill a big spider and find a nearly dead elf girl in the web, but elves...
  7. A

GOW's Two Class

As the first multi-hero, 3D action RPG web game, GOW has two class. One is Swordsman, the other is Paladin. Swordsman: Magesword is the sword with great magic and its owner is known as Swordsman. To master this almighty sword, they gave up heavy armors which would decrease their defense, yet...
  8. P

Nimian Legends Empires - Procedural RPG

My name's Rob, also known as Protopop, and I'm working on an indie Procedural RPG made in HTML5, so you can play it in your web browser. It's called Nimian Legends Empires, and it's the update to my original Nimian Legends game. I wanted to talk a bit about what motivated me to make it, and some...
  9. M

Nevergrind - Indie Browser RPG

Hey guys, if you enjoyed classic Everquest or Diablo 2, you might enjoy this free browser-based timekiller called Nevergrind. I have been developing this game for about 31 months now with the help of a few artists. Take a peek and see what you think. Reactions I get generally range from "this is...
  10. A

X Mutant Puzzle - Free Puzzle RPG game on iOS

Hello all, We just released a Free Puzzle RPG game for iPhone and iPad: X Mutant Puzzle. There are more than 250 mutants to unlock and to play with in 50 destinations on Earth. There are special aquatic and spatial missions to unlock too. Team management is the key for success. AppStore...
  11. DGC_WindmillTilter

Indie RPG Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight.

Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight is a single player, open world, role playing adventure game that combines the visual appeal of modern graphics and animation technologies with the classic role-playing elements hardcore RPG gamers love. In modern games, immersion, interactivity, and customization...
  12. H

Hadelmia MMORPG Project looking for testers.

Hi. I'm developer of project named Hadelmia MMORPG and it's still in pre-alpha stage but i need about 10 active testers and bug reporters, to test server/client stability and to give ideas and so on. Requirements from tester: Some knowledge of computers and how they work. Mature behavior...
  13. A

Looking for an old RPG game

I'm desperately trying to find a very old RPG game I once saw my brother playing. Unfortunately, it was a long time ago so I can only remember a couple of things: - Timeframe is '97-ish, but it seemed like an older game (or maybe it's just retro-style) - It's played on windows - You lead one...
  14. S

RPG for iOS and Android Devices

There's a new indie RPG currently in development that looks promising. It's called Halfling Wars. The entire game is built around raising and breeding elite fantasy creatures that you then battle against your friends online. You can make bets on the battles too. Bet your gold or even your...
  15. S

Halfling Wars - iOS Fantasy, Battle RPG on Kickstarter

I just backed this indie iOS RPG today called Halfling Wars. It combines RPG gameplay elements like creature breeding and online battling against friends and questing, with simulation elements like village building and growing rare crops found in a world populated with Halflings and Darklings...
  16. A

New Freedom/Risk Indie online RPG, needs community to help!

Hey guys, The Realm of Thyilia is an indie game being developed by a team of developers. They aim to build a MMORPG close to what they used to be like back in the late 90s and early 2000s, and they would really appreciate feedback, constructive criticism and YOUR IDEAS to contribute in building...
  17. D

Betatester for RPG

Hello people I've been working on a rpg for years, yet so far I've found only one guy who really enjoyed playing it. What I'm looking for in here is an rpg fan who would give the game a shot and provide some feedback. The game: http://www.cok-game.com You might want to play it if e.g... - You...
  18. W

Wyrd Con

WYRD CON 2011 INTERACTIVE THEATER CONVENTION! http://www.wyrdcon.com Costumes, weaponry, and theater oh my! Come out and enjoy a great atmosphere with some amazing people. This convention focuses on interactive theater such as Live Action Role Play and Alternate Reality Games. We had over...