1. Y

To The Dark Tower—a visual poem based on a nightmare

Howdy! For the past few months I've been working on this project, and I think it's at the point where it's worth sharing: YEl5C8qJz7c To The Dark Tower can be wishlisted+followed on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1079740/To_The_Dark_Tower/ If you have any questions, comments, or...
  2. N

RPG Combat System Without Randomness

What RPGs don't use RNG (random number generator) in their damage/to-hit calculation? I.e. there is no dice thrown, and stats applied explicitly. I personally can name only Chess and Starcraft, but these are obviously non-RPGs :D As a gamedev I devised such system myself, good enough to...
  3. Zloth

Open World Difficulty Difficulties

One of the tricky things with open world games is keeping the player challenged. If you want players to be able to go more-or-less where they want then you have to keep the initial challenges low in every direction. The player will pick a direction and go - seeing bigger challenges as they...
  4. A

Free, Open World, True story, fully custom RPG!

ReAwakening is a Free, classic, 2D JRPG with a massive feature set and several hours of game play. The project is a over a year old and is nearly complete. Tons of Features, Customization, and original Artwork. We also offer a Guaranteed Analysis so you can see how large the game is. we have...
  5. HiddenX

Perfect Imbalance in RPGs

Ross Watson (2013): RPG Design: Game Balance He describes why Imbalance can be a major fun factor in RPGs) Best line: Article