HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Exputer reviewed Achilles: Legends Untold:

Achilles: Legends Untold Review - A Greek Legend Rough Around The Edges

Live the legends of a warrior that becomes stranded between the fabric of life and death

The Achilles: Legends Untold is a game based on ancient Greek mythology. It is an open-world ARPG that allows you to roam aimlessly around the map, exploring dungeons and slaying mythical creatures. Although my experience with the game was quite admiring, it has some tedious mechanics and UI features that I hope ultimately improve.

[...]

Achilles: Legends Untold is a great narrative of Greek mythology, but its gameplay dynamics contradict an ARPG's. If we overlook that it belongs to a certain genre, I believe the game stands its ground in being a marvelous action game.

I would not suggest the game to players expecting an offhand ARPG experience. But, if you are eager to try out a new perspective of an ARPG, then the game will somehow keep you entertained.

Apart from its misplaced fundamentals of gameplay mechanics, the game can offer a delightful walkthrough to players who wish to pursue the main questline.

Score: 3.5/5
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

I played about 3/4 through this game... fairly fun ARPG, the gameplay loop didn't manage to pull me through the finish line. Still a decent game, I'm not that big on story driven ARPGs with a definite ending, someone who appreciates this kind of game more would have enjoyed it better.