For anyone interested:

It's about alleged war crimes by Australian soldiers in Afghanistan, where a whistleblower is going to jail for sharing info about it.

I have zero knowledge of this, so have no idea what is true or not.

What are some good sources to look at? Are there reports by human rights organizations or stuff like that?

It's gonna be a long search to find "official" sources when almost the whole of the 4th estate has long been captured by states and corporate media.
I guess we also need to wait for "official" confirmation on the Iraqi civilians murdered by US soldiers, that Assange is currently being made an example of and has been illegally detained for almost 10 years.

The number of trustworthy journalists that you can tap for this sort of thing is very short, so you definitely won't have such attention for every case. Almost all others are careerist boot-lickers that won't say a thing, even if it affects their job directly. And I'm not exactly casting stones. I'd probably be very much afraid to be vocal on this sort of thing, when the forces you're fucking with can just stamp you out of existence. Plus, most likely nothing will change. And the criminals will still get away with everything.

But given all of that, to even start this discussion with, I need proof before I believe a world power is corrupt and will allow nothing to impede it.
The way I go into topics like this, that involve unaccountable states and corporate power, is by assuming from the start that criminal acts have taken place.
I doubt there's many cases where this approach goes wrong. And even if there is a minuscule of a chance I'd rather err on that side than the other.
But then again, I believe we're ruled by criminals and corrupt fuckers, both in the public and the private sector. Because that's what the system encourages.

Last edited: