HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Capes will be released in May:

Capes - Meet the Team: Rebound

Ten years ago, the supervillains won.

Since then they've created a dystopian city where developing super powers is a crime. Nobody has managed to slow them down, until now.

Capes in a turn based superhero strategy game where you build a team of heroes and fight to take back the city.

Key Features

• Recruit new heroes, train them up, and save the city.
  • Fight across scores of different locations in turn based combat scenarios.
  • Team up with your allies to unlock unique abilities.
  • Stand against a variety of superpowered enemies.
  • Uncover the secret histories behind the heroes and villains of the piece.
  • Take your place amongst the champions in this high octane superhero drama.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Hmm I like super hero stuff and after Midnight Suns have a taste for more. Will have to look into it more.

EDIT: It has a demo, so will try it.
Let us know what you think after you play the demo. I played it last year and didn't really care for it.

I felt like the groundwork for a good game is there, but it was ruined by too many waves of enemy reinforcements that just drop in on top of you. Also, the maps are quite small.

Let us know what you think after you play the demo. I played it last year and didn't really care for it.

I felt like the groundwork for a good game is there, but it was ruined by too many waves of enemy reinforcements that just drop in on top of you. Also, the maps are quite small.
I thought it was okay, but that's about it. The waves of enemies did get a little tiresome.

I didn't get very far as you couldn't remap keys and I always remap WASD to the arrow keys. If I can't do that in a game I don't usually get far in it. It was a bit corny but I still liked the atmosphere. I can deal with waves, they had them in Midnight Suns. However, MS also had a very cool relationship and explore aspect back at the base which I don't think this will have. So, for now not interested. I still appreciated them having a demo though.

I'm quite keen on this one and I recently played Midnight Suns, though I am no fan of cards mechanics within games. It was worth tolerating for a decent story and good exploration, though my yearning to play Colossus went unsatisfied. -xxx

I didn't get very far as you couldn't remap keys and I always remap WASD to the arrow keys. If I can't do that in a game I don't usually get far in it. It was a bit corny but I still liked the atmosphere. I can deal with waves, they had them in Midnight Suns. However, MS also had a very cool relationship and explore aspect back at the base which I don't think this will have. So, for now not interested. I still appreciated them having a demo though.
Used to be a deal breaker for me too not being able to remap WASD to arrow keys.
Now I just use the FN+W keys on my keyboard and it automatically swaps them.

I'm a sucker for good super hero games, going back to the Freedom Force games, an mmorpg and Midnight Suns, I'm always hoping for the best.

Used to be a deal breaker for me too not being able to remap WASD to arrow keys.
Now I just use the FN+W keys on my keyboard and it automatically swaps them.
Thanks although don't know what you mean. I realize its silly sounding to others but my desk has a pull out part I have my keyboard and mouse on - there is not a lot of space. So I tend to use the right hand side as it is close to my mouse and I can see what I am doing. The WASD keys are way on the left, also the left side sits off the board a little, meaning if I hit too hard it bounces. So ... I like to map all keys to the right side area so I can mouse K/M easily and see things.

EDIT: NM someone on twitter, completely unrelated to this, just explained what FN+W was.

Last edited:
Animations didn't look that good in the video. I love the superhero stuff, but this game is looking more and more dubious.