HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Exputer played Dragon's Dogma 2 for 100 hours:

After 100 Hours, Here's Why I Think Dragon's Dogma 2 Is GOTY Material

The opening sequence in Dragon's Dogma 2 is fairly frustrating, but the later game areas add too much fun to hate the game.

Dragon's Dogma 2 received a lot of criticism due to microtransactions and performance issues.
Capcom cleared the confusion with microtransactions, which changed the game's reception.
In my 100-hour journey, performance issues didn't bother me, and I think Dragon's Dogma 2 is GOTY material.
On launch, Dragon's Dogma 2 was tarnished due to microtransactions and many performance issues. I agree with many of the complaints, but some of the players failed to realize that Capcom is no stranger to adding MTX on release--the developer has been following this pattern and is likely to continue doing so.

Despite the criticism, I decided to dedicate myself and spent over 100 hours unknowingly. This made me realize that Dragon's Dogma 2 is so far the only game that is Game of The Year material.

Unfortunately, frustrated players' reviews overshadowed its main features and massive world. However, some of the concerns regarding the performance are genuine, but fret not, as there's light at the end of the tunnel. Capcom is well aware of the concerns and is looking into the fixes as we speak.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

It's only been a month and I'm already feeling like replaying it, despite taking over 100 hours to complete the first playthrough.

The mandatory endgame content DLC can't come too soon.

"Unfortunately, frustrated players' reviews overshadowed its main features and massive world."

Unfortunately for whom? Capcom, I hope. So they can learn how to avoid the mistakes of the past? It's certainly not for me, since I am going to enjoy the game in due time AND I am still sending a clear signal to Capcom and their bullshit practices.

I had ~30 hours of fun with it. The story was slightly interesting until Battahl then it went off a cliff. Exploration felt unrewarding since most equipment can be bought from vendors and gold wasn't a problem. Combat was fun for a while but not good enough to carry the game further. I wish I had waited for a sale.

I've slowed down once I hit 100 hours mark but still enjoying it on a short burst.

I never had high hopes for its story but it the Vernworth story portion was better than I expected then it fell off the cliff real quick once we reach Battahl.

Combat is very fun - its not strategic like Souls or Monster Hunter games but still very fun. Party composition is pretty important and I ended up relying on Pawns a lot to stay alive for most vocations (maybe with exception of Thief).

Vocations were hit and miss - some were fun, some felt too support class more suitable for Pawns than Arisen and some were flat out boring.

I also grew real fond of my Pawns. I travelled the whole time with my Pawn and hubby's Pawn, and I got so attached to them lol. Loved relying on each other to adventure into unknown depth, rescue each other from deadly situations, triumphing over bad ass creatures, camping together etc :D

The true ending scene (involving my Pawn) punched my heart real hard, I was actually sad for few hours after I finished the game.

i had real love-hate relationship with this game lol