@Corwin;: Which faction are you playing for (or, if you didn't join a faction, which one did you choose as partner for the sixth power)?
A was factionless in my first playthrough and chose the Berserks as partner. in that playthrough I only had to fight two huge robots sent by the Clerics. in my second playthrough I was Outlaw via Morkons and had to fight none at all. So you are probably Alp and/or Cleric?
Correct. If you pick Cleric, you have to clear out some of those massive robots that are patrolling in the Alb base. They are, by far, the heaviest hitters in the game.

@ Corwin.
If I remember the area correctly, there is quite a bit of cover around…bits of old ruins? Anyway, by chapter 3 I had gotten myself a very useful (powerful) shotgun and grenade launcher. Maxed out Abilities on Powder Master/Ranged Weapons/Grenades/heavy Weapons. Piled the points onto my Strength and Dexterity. Because really, the absolute best weapon is some variation of Shotgun. The grenade launcher is OK… but if you are too close, you blow yourself to bits!! If I AM thinking of the correct place, I employed LOTS of quick-slot health potions/strafing in order to get very close up and blast things with my shotgun. Coz obviously,as in real life, the shotguns are a lot more effective at very close range. As an aside, I always remap my RH mouse button to "Forward." I have always found it a lot easier in FPS (Quake etc.) to do that. So my left hand doesn't get too overworked, and into panic mode….hahahaha…..

Last edited:
Correct. If you pick Cleric, you have to clear out some of those massive robots that are patrolling in the Alb base. They are, by far, the heaviest hitters in the game.
Corwin should know that cleric isn't the easiest profession to choose... :lol:

Yes, I'm an Alb/Cleric. Tried the grenade launcher and hand grenades, crossbow and shotgun. Haven't been able to get close enough to use my melee. Need some type of emp grenade, but I don't think there are any in the game!! :(

Use the charge attack. It requires the jet pack talent for holding weapons while mid-air. Then all you have to do is fly near them with the weapon unsheathed and click the attack button as soon as one gets focused. You'll then basically teleport to them, and they'll start using their melee attack instead of the incredible damaging ranged attack.

Only works with 1h though.

Edit: Another thing worth looking into is pumping Constitution and getting all the health/health regeneration/protection talents. They do make a difference.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm an Alb/Cleric. Tried the grenade launcher and hand grenades, crossbow and shotgun. Haven't been able to get close enough to use my melee. Need some type of emp grenade, but I don't think there are any in the game!! :(
I have now started a third playthrough in order to join the clerics and to try out the fight against those big robots. I assume you mean those ten robots called something like "search robots", which you have to eliminate in order to get a group of separatist albs to join you?
I have to admit I found them very easy:
They are scattered around, so you can take them one by one. Also, there is some kind of cover near all of them (houses, rocks). Near means near in a sense of a bow figher, since you can use you bow from quite far away. The easiest way to kill them was as follows. Stand near a cover, which is about maximal bow distance away from a robot. Shoot the robot with a bow once, run behind cover. Your companion should now attack the robot; some companions are quite dumb, I used Crony, who did very well. After at most two shots by Crony the robot will attack Crony and ignore you completely. So I ran in melee distance and it took about six or seven shots with my shotgun (one of the better ones) to kill it. Only one of the robots turned focus away from Crony and back against me after a few shots and i had to run away behind cover again (running in curves in order to avoid getting shot in the back) and repeat the procedure. The other nine ignored me completely and tried to kill crony until I had killed them. Playing on ultimate, I was level 33.
Edit: The advantage of having done three play throughs is, that I romanced Caja, Nasty and Tyra now. Also I found new small little things in each play through. I found Jack's new hideout (he left the lighthouse and I thought he was gone) only in my third play through.

Wait, what? Jack's still around? I found his notes at the lighthouse, but I also figured he was just gone.

Wait, what? Jack's still around? I found his notes at the lighthouse, but I also figured he was just gone.
Go to the outlaws camp and look for somebody named "Porter". He will give you a Fedex quest, which you should accept, though it looks very shady on the first look (this may be an Easter egg too, a reference to some postman story).

I'm surprised you guys missed that through multiple playthroughs.

I read somewhere that that quest is an easter egg reference to Death Stranding. I've never played Death Stranding so I can't say for sure. I do know you're some kind of courier in that game though.

I was a little disappointed that you don't actually see Jack. There's just an audio log. It's still neat that you find out where he went and why.

@bkrueger;.. I take my hat off to you... Third playthrough already... I've recently finished a very thorough first playthrough. Very enjoyable. However, I spent so much time exploring every nook and cranny, that I think I will need to wait for quite a while before a second playthrough. Give myself time to forget everything...:) Which at my age, shouldn't take long...:(
Here's hoping for an Elex 3 sooner rather than later.....

@bkrueger;.. I take my hat off to you… Third playthrough already… I've recently finished a very thorough first playthrough. Very enjoyable. However, I spent so much time exploring every nook and cranny, that I think I will need to wait for quite a while before a second playthrough. Give myself time to forget everything…:) Which at my age, shouldn't take long…:(
Here's hoping for an Elex 3 sooner rather than later…..

I have to admit, that I have 245 hours in Elex 2 right now…

The first two play throughs are a kind of routine for me: I play every game on normal difficulty first and make a new play through on highest difficulty, when I like the game.

The third play through was mainly motivated by Corwin's robot question, but I also learned in my second playthrough that the main quests change slightly depending on the ally you choose. So you have only seen all important content, after trying the three main allies (Berserks, Morkons, Albs). And there are three romance options (at least to my knowledge or are there even more?), so if you want them all….

Edit: I take more time for every game than most people on the watch seem to do. I don't have that "backlog" problem people are constantly talking about. I have no ambition to play every new game, so no backlog exists. When I like to play a game, I look for one, which I might like, and play it. And I rather play a game, which I love, three times than playing three games in the same time and finding that I only like one of them…
I even replay older games like Spellforce or Might and Magic VI once a year rather than trying every new game.

Edit 2: Of course I also hope that either Elex 3 or some kind of expansion/add on for Elex 2 comes soon. There are enough open ends for this….I still want to kill Adam. By the way I always forget, where to find all 16 map pieces, so that alone would justify a new playthrough at any time...In an add on they could add some in game hints how to find them...

Last edited:
I'm surprised you guys missed that through multiple playthroughs.

I read somewhere that that quest is an easter egg reference to Death Stranding. I've never played Death Stranding so I can't say for sure. I do know you're some kind of courier in that game though.

I was a little disappointed that you don't actually see Jack. There's just an audio log. It's still neat that you find out where he went and why.
Oh, well, in that case I might have seen/heard it. I thought it was the actual guy.

As for playing through it multiple times: I've sort of played through it three times. And by that I mean I made a save before joining one of the factions, so I've only done the first 20 hours or so once, and the rest of it three times.

That's always the way to play any PB game. I learnt that with G1 and have used it ever since!! :)

New patch today.

- Fixed 'Glory to the Rabble' quest not being closed if the player joins the Albs
- Changed: The option stepper does not repeat when clicking the buttons using the mouse
- Crane will no longer be mentioned in "Recruiting for Heinrich"
- if the Player hasn't started "A bounty for Crane" yet.
- Fix works only if "Food for Crane" is still available.
- Added: Overlay if settings option need a restart of the app
- Fixed a bug where the "Voice of Khan" was unresponsive after dueling with Ruben
- Fixed some perk learn glitches
- Changed inconsistent naming of certain swords
- Changed fire texture size
- Fixed text errors
- Fixed certain graphics setting bugs
- Fixed too large VFX textures
- Bugfix in trade menu while reverting a sale when the player has no money
- Jax is now able to parry with twohanded weapons in certain situations
- Fixed certain GPU memory fragmention problems
- Fixed graphical issues
- Fixed text errors
- Fixed navigation issues of certain NPCs
- Fixed unwanted far distance visibility of Azok
- Fixed Hector not teaching thievery stuff
- Fixed Tilas not speaking with Marwin or Sid if the player had not spoken to him before
- Trolls roots are plants now
- Fixed Icon for damaged crossbow
- Jax is able to use the jetpack while falling after stumbling off a cliff now
- Fixed hit effects for rusty colossus robots
- Fixed graphical issues of certain meshes

qKojKCd.jpg
half the times i run through those stairs it happens :ROFLMAO: