Must be as I and many others according the the developer suffered fps loss in certain locations with black/blurry textures. PB fixed some of the problems in patches though.

Another annoying bug, sometimes cant get out of bed lol

G3kCMot.jpg

Odd, I've played for 50 hours and I've not seen these. Obviously it's happening to you, but I don't understand how it can be so vastly different for different people...

I haven't seen either of those, but I did have a few odd ones.
The funniest bug I had was what was meant to be a dramatic cutscene in the middle of a battle and everyone's animations stopped working. Basically turned into motionless figures sliding around the scene with sounds of battle and effects in the background.

I'll say one thing for PB, though - I didn't have a single CTD or anything like that, not even when I switched to DX12 later on.

I haven't seen either of those, but I did have a few odd ones.
The funniest bug I had was what was meant to be a dramatic cutscene in the middle of a battle and everyone's animations stopped working. Basically turned into motionless figures sliding around the scene with sounds of battle and effects in the background.

I'll say one thing for PB, though - I didn't have a single CTD or anything like that, not even when I switched to DX12 later on.
That's the only bug I remember having, but unlike you I have had some crashes. Mostly when I skip dialogues too fast it seems.

I had a funny one now as well, in the clerics castle there is that quest when the droid goes aggresive, after i killed it, it auto goes to cutscene dialogue with the npc there but the other mechanics killed me during that cutscene and the npc was talking with my corpse :ROFLMAO:

KEFKcQm.jpg

from what i saw every time you sprint on stairs, there is a good chance for something fucked up to happen with jax :LOL:

iD9fwkV.jpg
Ugliest shield ive seen in a game :LOL:
Level 19 so far, still have alot to explore and still havent decided who to join; in the first i joined the clerics just because their base and location were too cool lol. I also feel sorry i havent replayed the first one prior to this one, i forgot most of the npcs from the first and you meet many of them in the 2nd.

iD9fwkV.jpg
Ugliest shield ive seen in a game :LOL:
Level 19 so far, still have alot to explore and still havent decided who to join; in the first i joined the clerics just because their base and location were too cool lol. I also feel sorry i havent replayed the first one prior to this one, i forgot most of the npcs from the first and you meet many of them in the 2nd.
I would recommend joining a faction already. Unless you don't plan to replay the game.

To me it feels the game was meant to be played within a faction unless you are playing intently without a faction till the end...

Otherwise the only quests you'll have left are a handful of faction specific ones and companion quests.

I only met the clerics/berserkers so i think would be pointless to join a camp now; still have a lot to explore before going to the snow area.

3 days later still without a faction :), i explored everywhere though and cleared the map of mobs, so i leveled up like a boss, im 39 now. Dissapointed there are only 2-3 caves and a single small "dungeon" if you dont count the ones under the alien buildings, might have missed others maybe. Still not decided what faction to join, i really like the Grotto, might go with the morkons but i think i will make save and try all of them.

Finished it after 91h and with 100% achievements on steam, rarely i go for this stuff but i had a lot of fun with the game and were easy to get. Ended with level 61 i think but since mobs respawn, its kinda pointless, probably could reach level 100 if you fuck around in the world. Late part of the game sucked as expected with PB games, i went full Serious Sam with my grenade launcher so did not had any issues with the mobs. Game feels unbalanced, story was a mess but it got a bit interesting towards the end, plenty of glitches, runs like total shit in hubs and so on but i still had a ton of fun exploring like in the other PB games. Hopefully they will manage to make the next game and see how this trilogy ends.

Hi all!

Late to this party, but am at a crossroads and would like advice.

Am level 20 and have enjoyed the exploration and the low level challenge of fighting monsters, but now it’s getting tedious. The spawned monsters are a lot tougher. Still just wielding a sword and a berserker bow. Stats not high enough to wield a 2 hander. No faction picked yet. Wondering if I should commit to melee by upping my strength dex and con to use a new tier of weapons and if there is sufficient ap and lp to switch later to trying magic or ranged more, w/o being under stat’ed.

Am level 20 and have enjoyed the exploration and the low level challenge of fighting monsters, but now it’s getting tedious. The spawned monsters are a lot tougher. Still just wielding a sword and a berserker bow. Stats not high enough to wield a 2 hander. No faction picked yet. Wondering if I should commit to melee by upping my strength dex and con to use a new tier of weapons and if there is sufficient ap and lp to switch later to trying magic or ranged more, w/o being under stat’ed.
Do you already know what faction you want to join? I went with the Beserkers, and by the endgame I was pretty strong at both melee and magic. I'm not sure how the other factions play out, but I imagine they're similar in that way. I stuck with a one-hander and shield for my playthrough.

If you're still in Chapter 1-2, spend more points on whatever you need to wield better weapons. If you're struggling, try to find a shotgun. I had a lot of success with those. I'd even say they're a little OP.

Yeah I have a shotgun, it's a little too easy so I don't use it. All my stats are at around 50, except maybe con. I wanted to leave all the factions open and come back to them at a later save to try them out, but may be that isn't practical. Will try out 2-hander and up the related stats as needed to see if that gives me more killing oomph. Though i really like the backstab and using parry, will try switching between bow, 1-hander, and 2-hander for the executes. Want to make sure there is enough AP to make magic viable later.

Yeah I have a shotgun, it's a little too easy so I don't use it. All my stats are at around 50, except maybe con. I wanted to leave all the factions open and come back to them at a later save to try them out, but may be that isn't practical. Will try out 2-hander and up the related stats as needed to see if that gives me more killing oomph. Though i really like the backstab and using parry, will try switching between bow, 1-hander, and 2-hander for the executes. Want to make sure there is enough AP to make magic viable later.
For me it has been a long time since I played it, but I believe that I ended up using a bow as a ranged weapon and a shotgun for close fights. Before the shotgun I used a melee weapon but the shotgun is simply stronger. Claiming that fighting gets tedious, on the one hand, but that you don't use a shotgun because it is too easy, on the other hand, sounds like a contradiction to me. Use, what works best and fastest!

Do you have a good companion? A good companion attracts the focus of the enemies so you have more freedom. As in Elex 1 the Berserk-Lady (your wife) is the best as far as I remember. (Of course you need all the others for their respective side quests.)

Edit: In my first playthrough a played without faction, since I had always wished to be able to do that in Elex 1.

Yeah, I like playing melee rather than ranged, so that explains away the contradiction. ;)
Contradictions in your life make it interesting, so they are not necessarily a bad thing. :cool:
One important aspect for the groups of enemies spawning during quests is, that you lure out a few of theme and fight them in these small portions. Getting involved with a bigger group at the same time is too risky. Since some of these groups move around already on their own, it is important to plan, from which direction you attack.

Yeah I’ve been kiting individuals away from groups. It’s a long time honored technique. Well I just came upon 3 night claws and had to fight them at once. Shotgun plus companion meatbagging plus jetting plus kiting made it doable. I upgraded all my stats for the next tier of weapons and added levels to my ranged and melee skills so it won’t be so tedious next time, hopefully.