Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello everyone,

I was on vacation for a bit more than a week - and now I suddenly found that a tiny forum that's dear to me is closing very soon.

I'm traing to save it via HTTrack (allowed by the forum managing person), but I can't get a complete thing, because it apparingly doesn't use my user name & password.

What did I do wrong there ?

Alrik

You need to login to the website and have the cookies saved. Then you need to check where those cookies are saved and move the session cookie to your project folder or the folder where you are running HTTRack from.
I belief HTTRack expects all cookies to be in a cookies.txt file. This means you might need to put your session cookie into a cookies.txt file. The best way to accomplish that is to install a browser add-on that allows you to export cookies. Or figure out yourself where the cookies are actually stored on your PC and copy the session cookie from there.
I'm not entirely sure about the cookies.txt file, so you might want to try without doing that first.

Note, you do not need all your cookies, but you do need your session cookie that normally automatically logs you into the forum.

Good luck.

Thank you.
I've started another try, after finding out that HTTrack's cookie didn't store my login data.

That is correct. HTTrack doesn't store any cookie info. Your browser does, that is where you need to copy the session cookie from.