Redglyph

SasqWatch
Frogwares will be using KS for their next game, which is a remake of the 2006/2007 The Awakened. I don't think they've used crowdfunding before but correct me if I'm wrong. They explain why below.

If it's the same type of game as before, it's not RPG but adventure / detective - no real character progression but a clue progressing system which allows to go further in the investigation.

(neat KS abstract insert by XenForo!)

More info here: https://frogwares.com/the-awakened-remake/

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Remake Announced​

We are thrilled to announce Sherlock Holmes The Awakened, a full remake and substantial rewrite of our 2006 Lovecraft-inspired Cthulhu Sherlock crossover.

Hello everyone, and welcome to Sherlock Holmes The Awakened.

If you are following our social media channels, you might have noticed that we are working on our next game, which is Sherlock Holmes The Awakened. Some time ago we teased our new project as Project Palianytsia. Now we can officially say that our next game is the full from-the-ground-up remake and substantial rewrite of Sherlock Holmes The Awakened. It’s a dark, HP Lovecraft-inspired story infused with the narrative arc of a young Sherlock Holmes taking on his first big case.
[...]

Why Kickstarter?

To bring this game to you, we will be starting a Kickstarter campaign real soon. Why Kickstarter? Well, as you may know, our homeland, Ukraine, is in a state of war. And this war is continually throwing new challenges at us that each time requires we stop, regroup, and adapt. This takes time, effort, and in some cases, money that would normally be marked to fund the production of a game. We have the majority of the game finalized so to speak. However, there is a lot more that we are adding and changing, hence why this is a full remake and not just a remaster.

Our team has rewritten The Awakened’s original horror story. It now features a younger Sherlock and how his bond with Watson was formed through a case filled with truly haunting and traumatic events. We created modern graphics from scratch, remade entire cutscenes, implemented a new third-person camera, did a full UI overhaul, reworked many of gameplay mechanics, and loads more. Our team also plans to record and implement all-new voice acting, create additional side quests and add additional investigation mechanics to expand your set of detective tools. We also have some additional features and enhancement ideas that we are considering if knew we had the additional resources and flexibility to do so. And this is where Kickstarter can help us out a lot.
[...]

It seems to go on very well, 2nd stretch goal has just been reached at more than double the original goal.

Problems in the world may have given a second wind to crowdfunded projects.

This actually looks pretty dang good... I especially like the goal that was reached of playing as Dr. Watson. I will likely pledge at the $50 dollar level, as you get the DLC sidequest then.

They still have 16 days left, so I think they will probably reach the next goal too, "Expanded dialogues and realistic physics:
The world around you will feel more immersive as locals will have more to say and surroundings will react to your presence"

We can hope so. But there was a lot of pledges in the first hours, then it slowed down dramatically. It took 6 hours to reach the campaign goal, more than 6 days to double it. So to triple it... ;)

Yes, I like the idea of playing as Dr. Watson too. I don't like the idea of multiple characters in other games, like The Witcher 3, but in a detective game it should be pretty fun to have another perspective.

The "Cultist" pledge with DLC seems to be a good option, that's what I settled for. It was nice having a little more in another Sherlock Holmes game, the main story would have felt a little short otherwise.

This actually looks pretty dang good... I especially like the goal that was reached of playing as Dr. Watson. I will likely pledge at the $50 dollar level, as you get the DLC sidequest then.

They still have 16 days left, so I think they will probably reach the next goal too, "Expanded dialogues and realistic physics:
The world around you will feel more immersive as locals will have more to say and surroundings will react to your presence"
They've just reached that goal! :)

It just ended at 252,599€ for an initial goal of 70k€, with all 4 stretch goals, not bad. :)

The planned release date is surprisingly early even if they don't start from scratch: February 2023.

They've settled on April 11.

We are delighted to announce that Sherlock Holmes The Awakened has officially gone gold. This means we can now shift our focus to preparing the game for release on multiple platforms.

We are pleased to share that the game content is now fully complete and playable from start to finish. As a result, we are excited to announce that the game's official release date is set for April 11, 2023!

Your keys will be delivered to you before the game is out.

To mark the news, we’re rolling out a brand-new trailer that delves more into the cosmic, Cthtulu-inspired horror of the game. Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the release.

The Awakened is coming to PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.

The game has been released.

We made this game during one heck of a time. We made it while our country is at war. We faced challenges such as constant power outages, irregular work schedules, air raids, evacuations, losing our homes, saying goodbyes to our loved ones (through immigration, or worse), and losing team members so that they could defend our country. We woked from our homes, our office, and from underground bunkers or train stations. It was an enduring and unending nightmare. But with all this chaos around, working on The Awakened helped us maintain a little sense of normalcy. We truly gave it all - sweat, emotions, and spirit to the development of this game.

We express our sincere gratitude to our families and friends for their unwavering support. It’s in times like these that you feel how important people that you can rely on really are. We send our heartfelt thanks to our Kickstarter supporters for their patience and encouragement through this time too. You backing us meant the world as it gave us confidence that there are thousands of people out there wanting to experience The Awakened all over again. And to all of our supporters, please know that your kindness deeply touched us over the last year. The amount of heart and positivity was overwhelming. Some of you even wrote to us and offered a place in their homes. How beautifully… beautiful is that. So thank you once again for all of your support.

Lastly, we would be thrilled to hear your thoughts on the game! Please feel free to tag us or send us a message to share your feedback. We would love to hear your opinions.

Ok, that’s it from us. Enjoy solving the case, detective.

The reviews seem average, here are a few of them: