You should take note that a lot of those items from Abashai set can be upgraded to level 20 as well. Actually a lot of gear from several areas can be upgraded to level 20 and it makes for a great gear set. Add in a few of items from Borderlands and you have a set to carry you til 28, 29 easily.

Not to forget the desert sets, or am I wrong ?

There was another update today, so plan accordingly. I also found out JM is out this week so fix your epic gear ect if you need to.

Last edited:
That altar in the 12 only "modernizes" epic items. So if you crafted an epic via scroll/shard/seal, the altar will tweak it up to match the current stats. The altar won't do anything for heroic gear.

I did epi-fy a couple "old" heroic Chrono items tonight and they went all the way to "modern" epic stats. So if you want to collect both heroic and epic versions of an item (say lvl5 and lvl20 abashai sets), use any "old" heroics to epi-fy and restock with "new" heroics.

I like what's coming later this year, especially the new Bard option; might give that a spin with a TR down the track once it's available!!

My sister let me come home. yaaaay!!! might have to get off early. we
will see.

We started and finished Red Fens. If you've got 12, you can take it before next session. I'm 1 rank into 12, roughly where most of the group is.

Next session we'll start with Ataraxia. Between the outdoor work and the 2 quests, we should get Corwin close to 12. He's going to be chronically behind now, but I'll try to have him at level for difficult and/or new content.

Tackling VON5/6 follows that. After that we've got Tempest Spine and then out to the Desert (to include the raid).

With the group starting to get more powerful and balanced, I'm going to try and pick up a few more raids. We'll have to see what we can handle short-manning, but it's content most of us don't experience often so I'm looking forward to adding that stuff to the rotation. So I'm looking at the GH raid, maybe the Necro raid, maybe the Shavarath raid, Hound, VoD, and maybe we keep the group together long enough to do the whole Eveningstar series and raid.

Last edited:
We've done most of the raids before. IIRC we failed at Hound once, and lagged out of Demonweb raid a few times. Only one we haven't ran in Ascension Chamber (Necro 4). So I think we'll do fine.

With the changes to Epic, we may consider pushing to 32 this time. For one, it'll make Corwin cry. Another, we can hit some of the stuff we're skipping in Heroic, like Ravenloft. So we'll not necessarily have to double up on some of the content.

I severely need to upgrade my Alchemist gear-wise ... Right now I'm not quite sure in how far she really fits into the group other than as a backup healer, but I do what I can do damage-wise. However, I'm still a bit disappointed by her output, which means that I have to look for better gear with all my alts ...

I have a similar, yet not so pressing problem with my level 28 Wizard, Bany. I'm not that disappointed with her, though.

Besides, this weekend is a crafting xp boost.

We've done most of the raids before. IIRC we failed at Hound once, and lagged out of Demonweb raid a few times. Only one we haven't ran in Ascension Chamber (Necro 4). So I think we'll do fine.

With the changes to Epic, we may consider pushing to 32 this time. For one, it'll make Corwin cry. Another, we can hit some of the stuff we're skipping in Heroic, like Ravenloft. So we'll not necessarily have to double up on some of the content.
Yeah, there's only a few heroic ones left we haven't tried at least once, but many of them aren't much beyond "once". Gonna try to broaden our base a little.

We probably have a strong enough group to push to 32 if we wanted to and it's been several years since we last held the group together that long so it would be a semi-novel experience. We'd need to think about the difficulty we ran at, though. Corwin and Alrik would be somewhat short on epic gear unless we ran Keep a couple times to farm them some stuff and we'd have quite a power spread--Corwin and Alrik most likely have zero epic past lives and my little Shadohe has a grand total of one. Peter and CM probably don't any of the 12 EPL's with less than 2 tiers. I wouldn't want our sessions to get "Gat-like". (And don't get me wrong, Gat is about as nice as they come and goes out of his way to patiently help others out but chasing after a walking nuke quest after quest gets stressful when it's patently obvious you're a net negative to the party)

Hey Corwin- you need to log Reywind into the game for a minute or you're going to abdicate.

Yeah, there's only a few heroic ones left we haven't tried at least once, but many of them aren't much beyond "once". Gonna try to broaden our base a little.

We probably have a strong enough group to push to 32 if we wanted to and it's been several years since we last held the group together that long so it would be a semi-novel experience. We'd need to think about the difficulty we ran at, though. Corwin and Alrik would be somewhat short on epic gear unless we ran Keep a couple times to farm them some stuff and we'd have quite a power spread--Corwin and Alrik most likely have zero epic past lives and my little Shadohe has a grand total of one. Peter and CM probably don't any of the 12 EPL's with less than 2 tiers. I wouldn't want our sessions to get "Gat-like". (And don't get me wrong, Gat is about as nice as they come and goes out of his way to patiently help others out but chasing after a walking nuke quest after quest gets stressful when it's patently obvious you're a net negative to the party)

Hey Corwin- you need to log Reywind into the game for a minute or you're going to abdicate.
I'm not much better than Corwin and Alrik though; I haven't really ran much epics since Thunderhome was new, and then I only ran it sparingly. Most of my epic gear is grossly outdated to the extent I have any. I forget what Mirys has, but she is the only one I have with any EPLs.

Dare I ask what are Epic past lives? I'm sure I have none, but I could check the back of the closet to see if there's anything lost or hidden there!! :)