Watching the 2020 Perry Mason, with Matthew Rhys in the lead role. It serves as a kind of origin story, I assume. He's a private investigator in the 1930's, with PTSD from WW1. Seems good so far. Lots of period detail, good performances, and a central mystery involving corrupt police, religious cults... all the good stuff.

The third series of Twin Peaks might be just as good as the first. I love how Lynch just does his own thing, the pure hell that Cooper has subjected the entire world to because his double is the one out in the world, not the real Dale, and how evil just permeates everything. It is simply outstanding, and the musical score is top notch!

Just finished The Enfield Haunting mini-series:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4036886/

Pretty good. Nice to see something more understated as far as this sort of thing goes. Low on SFX, pretty pedestrian poltergeist/possession material, but good performances by Timothy Spall et al.

https://enfieldhaunting.com points out that The Conjuring 2 was loosely based on the same haunting.

I'm making my way through the most recent season of Stranger Things, finished off episode four last night. Almost every part seems close to film length, I wonder if the creators might head in that direction at some point. Man, D&D gets a pretty bad rep this series, lol. Though I do remember a lot of that back when I played in the seventies and eighties.

Yeah, like thousands played the game, and in total I really only heard maybe three to five actual incidents. Kind of like airplane crashes, everyone yammers about the one accident, yet fails to recognize the thousands of flights that went off without a hitch.

What a power house episode the most recent Better Call Saul was! Certainly my top telly hour of the year to date, perhaps even longer, I'll be doing a re-watch at some point as I'm sure I missed a nuance or two. Funny where both Howard and Lalo ended up, kind of under our noses the entire time of Breaking Bad, or at least a long part of it. Gilligan really knows how to tell a story, without trashing the subject or the people involved. Top notch stuff all the way.

What a power house episode the most recent Better Call Saul was! Certainly my top telly hour of the year to date, perhaps even longer, I'll be doing a re-watch at some point as I'm sure I missed a nuance or two. Funny where both Howard and Lalo ended up, kind of under our noses the entire time of Breaking Bad, or at least a long part of it. Gilligan really knows how to tell a story, without trashing the subject or the people involved. Top notch stuff all the way.

Going to agree with you on your assessment 100%. No need to say anymore. I am so looking forward to the wind-up to to the series finale.

I really enjoyed Raised by Wolves and was very disappointed when it got canceled.

Whut, it's been cancelled? That's a major bummer. :'(
Still got the last episode left, I hope they at least unveil some of the mystery around Kepler 22b and Sol.

That most recent Better Call Saul episode....damn. What a way Gilligan has of bringing it all together, and the journey making complete and absolute sense. In Jimmy's case, now I'm not sure that he actually broke bad, perhaps he was simply broken all along. Minute by minute, scene by scene, the best damn show on telly at the moment. In my opinion.

I tried watching the new Resident Evil series on Netflix. I made it halfway through the second episode before turning it off. I'm not sure what they were going for, but it feels nothing like Resident Evil to me.

Yeah, I could barely tolerate the first film for Resident Evil, and haven't been tempted by the show at all. Good to know I'm not missing anything!

I finished the second season of For All Mankind yesterday. I've been into it and I'm excited to see where it goes (not literally; that's Mars), though I'm a bit skeptical about one subplot. The last 15 minutes of season 2 were intense.

I've been let down by the first two episodes of the last half season of Better Call Saul. I'm really not sure what theyr'e going to do with the last four episodes. I feel like at the end of episode 2, we were basically ready to start Breaking Bad. In Gilligan and crew I trust, though.

I may hold off on continuing For All Mankind until season 3 is over, and I've been recommended "Evil", so might check that out.

Evil maintains its wickedness, for sure. I knocked out the sixth episode of the current series last night, and oh my, lots of stuff going on. Things really look grim for Andy, not sure how both he and Leland can continue in the show both living at this point. Even the daughters seem less annoying these days, this show isn't perfect yet I find it quite entertaining.

I've watched the 6th season of Peaky Blinders, and the story felt emptier than usual. I suppose I was expecting more from the plot... maybe it was similar in previous seasons and I forgot about it.
But it was good, I liked it.

No. I thought the first season was cracking, but I read a lot of people say that season 3 had lost its way. I was waiting to hear if it picked up again before persevering with it.

I've watched the 6th season of Peaky Blinders, and the story felt emptier than usual. I suppose I was expecting more from the plot... maybe it was similar in previous seasons and I forgot about it.
But it was good, I liked it.
I think it is a bit weaker, but I still enjoyed it enough to watch till the end.
Anyone watching Season 4 of Westworld? I've been debating about starting it or waiting until it's fully released.

No. I thought the first season was cracking, but I read a lot of people say that season 3 had lost its way. I was waiting to hear if it picked up again before persevering with it.
I stopped mid-way through season 2. I didn't like the plot anymore and I felt it went too fat with the 'mind-control'.

Yeah, I also stopped halfway through season 2. I meant to pick it up again, but it was quite convoluted, and I needed really to start over. Never quite motivated to do so.