I'm the achiever/explorer/killer/socializer archetype...

I want XP, an open world, many challenges and and a good story :)

Bartle's Player Archetypes are matching the main categories of our CRPG Analyzer:

Achiever / Character development
Explorer / Exploration
Socializer /Story
Killer / Combat

"Imagine playing Zork..." Please, nobody do a study to see what percentage of gamers know that Zork is a game.

The archetypes list is nice but, as he says in the end, it isn't the be-all-end-all.

Patience is a huge factor. For instance, in Battletech, when you move a mech it stomps over to the place you tell it to go. It takes maybe 6 seconds. I was completely blindsided to read some players' reactions complaining about that being FAR too long. Six seconds!? It isn't like you need to move dozens of these things per turn. But somebody made a mod for them (and I think the game eventually gave the option) to make the mechs move super-fast. They loved it. To me, it makes the game look like a Keystone Kops show.

There are also gamers who enjoy the meta-game of getting the game to run as smoothly as possible on their computers without making it look ugly.

Patience is a huge factor. For instance, in Battletech, when you move a mech it stomps over to the place you tell it to go. It takes maybe 6 seconds. I was completely blindsided to read some players' reactions complaining about that being FAR too long. Six seconds!? It isn't like you need to move dozens of these things per turn. But somebody made a mod for them (and I think the game eventually gave the option) to make the mechs move super-fast. They loved it. To me, it makes the game look like a Keystone Kops show.
That doesn't surprise me. This generation of gamers never had to wait 5-10 minutes for games just to load. :)