I played it for about 5-6 hours I think and I couldn't get into it. I tend to really like TB combat games, but I have trouble with the teenage looking anime thing. It really doesn't do it for me.
I also found some of the progression too convoluted.

I think overall, it could probably be a fun game, but I couldn't do it :D

Like Mort said, this one takes quite some time to really get started. You spend the first few hours with just Albus. Then it's just two characters, which is still pretty limiting.

Oh, one other thing about this game: while the battles are sometimes hard, recovery afterward is VERY easy. By the time you've looked over the new masteries and items you've gotten, you'll likely be all healed up. If you aren't, just go to the bar and order some cheap food to heal up. This isn't an XCOM style game where you'll lose characters forever if you don't play well. It's a bit like a school where the tests are hard, but you're allowed to take them as often as you like.

Yes, I agree, as difficult as the actual battles eventually become, recovery is usually pretty simple. Even when I was taking a beating in some fights, at least I knew getting healthy again wouldn't be a challenge.

I have this on my wishlist for quite some time and i see often in the news feed, maintenance announcements with downtime for the game, can you not play the sp campaign in that time?

I think he mentions that you can transfer your MP save to single player but not the other way around, because that would be prone to cheating.

EDIT: but you can always play SP as far as I know if that's what you mean.

I've played about 50 hours of this, it's actually really good. The one turn off for it I thought was the voice acting but a rather neat unique story. They also seem to keep updating it.