I realized how few David Cronenberg movies I had seen, basically only A History of Violence, Eastern Promises and Crimes of the Future, so I'm making my way through his films right now.
But to keep it light, I started with the ones I know and love, so I saw Eastern Promises. It was good, but especially due to Viggo which I generally love. He's always a solid actor.

Oh, and as an aside I'm also on Fast 6, the 6th of the Fast and Furious movies. Basically an ever-evolving dumpster fire, but the kind you can't look away.
The weird thing is, the action sequences are the ones that tend to drag the most and get boring really fast. The first impression is cool since you wonder how ridiculously they can top the previous set-piece, but then they just stay for too long and get boring.
The dialogue is just ridiculous but it's still enjoyable to make fun of.

Last edited:
Oh, and as an aside I'm also on Fast 6, the 6th of the Fast and Furious movies. Basically an ever-evolving dumpster fire, but the kind you can't look away.
The weird thing is, the action sequences are the ones that tend to drag the most and get boring really fast. The first impression is cool since you wonder how ridiculously they can top the previous set-piece, but then they just stay for too long and get boring.
The dialogue is just ridiculous but it's still enjoyable to make fun of.
Hehe, yes. Sometimes I watch them, but it's really just for the fun. :) I can't even remember if I watched that one, though. Probably.

I had no problem looking away after only seeing 2 of them and part of another. That series is terrible. It makes John Wick seem Academy Award worthy.

The only one that held my attention at all was Tokyo Drift, due to the plethora of hot Asian women. :)

I had no problem looking away after only seeing 2 of them and part of another. That series is terrible. It makes John Wick seem Academy Award worthy.

The only one that held my attention at all was Tokyo Drift, due to the plethora of hot Asian women. :)
Yeah, only reason I keep watching is that it's so bad it's actually entertaining in how ridiculous it is.
The first 3 are very down to earth compared to the rest. The 4th is a good warmup for how it will jump the shark in the 5th one. That's the one where 2 cars are dragging a huge steel safe, that they ripped out of a wall, across the streets of whatever city, basically using the safe as a wrecking ball in traffic. Just stupid.

In the 6th one they're bringing back a character they killed off. Basically, there's no limit to what they can do it seems. Anything goes.

The 4th is a good warmup for how it will jump the shark in the 5th one. That's the one where 2 cars are dragging a huge steel safe, that they ripped out of a wall, across the streets of whatever city, basically using the safe as a wrecking ball in traffic. Just stupid.

In the 6th one they're bringing back a character they killed off. Basically, there's no limit to what they can do it seems. Anything goes.
Not sure which one it is, but I remember seeing a scene in a commercial where they were parachuting cars out the back of a plane, and I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it looked.

Not sure which one it is, but I remember seeing a scene in a commercial where they were parachuting cars out the back of a plane, and I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it looked.
Yeah, there's really no consideration for anything.
At the end of the Crossroads video game Dom and the gang races a space rocket that's about to take off. It's all just stupid. o_O
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mix9XG9s9SM

I realized how few David Cronenberg movies I had seen, basically only A History of Violence, Eastern Promises and Crimes of the Future, so I'm making my way through his films right now.
Interesting. So basically none of what I consider the quintessential body horror Cronenberg movies: Videodrome, The Fly, The Brood, Rabid. Or The Dead Zone, Scanners, Dead Ringers. The good news is that you have a lot of good movies to experience for the first time.

Last edited:
Interesting. So basically none of what I consider the quintessential body horrro Cronenberg movies: Videodrome, The Fly, The Brood, Rabid. Or The Dead Zone, Scanners, Dead Ringers. The good news is that you have a lot of good movies to experience for the first time.
Yup, somehow I managed to dodge all of those. Even though for a few of them I keep seeing moments in memes and whatnot.

Finished Fast and Furious 6. Hilarious and ridiculous.

Onto nr 7. They actually managed to also get Jason Statham besides also The Rock. :)). Oh and Gal Gadot apparently also made her debut in these? Funny.

Interesting. James Wan directed this 7th one. The guy that directed the first Saw movie.

I have to say as stupid as this all is, it’s actually less boring than the Expendable movies.