Ivanwah

Keeper of the Watch
I always root for the underdog when my team isn't playing so I was happy about the game. Saudis played really well, especially their goalkeeper and the defense who were top notch today. But what a goal was that second one, easily the best goal of the tournament so far.

pibbuR

Feeling ... lonely?
I've seen (and - sadly - listened to) a couple of matches. What I've discovered is: THEY CAN'T SING!!!!!

pibbuR whose ears hurt.

henriquejr

Fluminense Football Club
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Go Belgium 🇧🇪
Heh, the Red Devils almost didn't get that win! Or should I say Red Imps :p ??
(just kidding here, Pladio, no offense please)

Last edited:

henriquejr

Fluminense Football Club
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Someone must be from Brazil :) :)
I think @Lolozaur is from Argentina, right Lolo ?

As for me, I'm from Brasil but I don't necessarily root against ARG all the times. In 2014 WC Final I was rooting for ARG, no kidding! I don't quite understand this rivalry between BRA and ARG (and I confess I never googled the reasons for it).

I like Messi's football, I always preferred his playstyle over Cristiano Ronaldo's.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Heh, the Red Devils almost didn't get that win! Or should I say Red Imps :p ??
(just kidding here, Pladio, no offense please)
I don't get offended that easily - you'd have to try harder :D

In the end a win is a win. See how Argentina failed at that and Germany too ...

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
I think @Lolozaur is from Argentina, right Lolo ?

As for me, I'm from Brasil but I don't necessarily root against ARG all the times. In 2014 WC Final I was rooting for ARG, no kidding! I don't quite understand this rivalry between BRA and ARG (and I confess I never googled the reasons for it).

I like Messi's football, I always preferred his playstyle over Cristiano Ronaldo's.
It's like the rivalry between any two big teams in any region really. Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Man U vs Man City when Man U was doing better.

Ripper

Зичу Вам успіхів
I think it's often a sibling rivalry thing, with local clubs or nations. If you go to Scotland or Wales, you'll have no trouble finding folks cheering against England. Mainly because we just get on their nerves. :biggrin:

Carnifex

SasqWatch
Man, that Japan vs Germany was one for the ages. I'm totally keen on that match Sunday with Spain vs Germany, lots going to be riding on that contest.

Ripper

Зичу Вам успіхів
Bit of a scrappy, crappy, England v USA game. Both have a good chance of getting through now. We'd have to lose by 4 goals to Wales to go out, and USA needs to win against Iran.

purpleblob

Princess
Damn, Korea drew (vs. Uruguay) :/ we will have to score more goals than Uruguay next match (vs. Ghana) to qualify since we will definitely lose to Portugal.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
If England can't even beat the U.S., I don't give them much of a shot in the next round.
I think the first few games in the world cup are always a bit odd. However, since it's in Qatar, it's even harder to determine. The heat, in its own right, makes it very difficult for some teams to adapt, but if they get out of the group stage I think they'll be quite different.

For now France does look dominant.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
If Belgium beat Morocco they would only be the 2nd team to qualify to the next stage as Japan lost to Costa Rica after dominating most of the match.

henriquejr

Fluminense Football Club
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Red Imps, I've said :p

henriquejr

Fluminense Football Club
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I don't know how badly they played in 2nd time, given that I just watched the first 45 mins. But Belgium wasn't that bad in the 1st time, they only needed to calibrate the shoots and get more calm. It looked like Belgium would win again but in the end...