Today FORTRESS OCCIDENT announce Disco Elysium, a story-driven role playing game about being a total failure. An almost irreversible, unmitigated failure. Both as a human being and an officer of the law.
Find yourself in a strange and familiar new world, where you can go anywhere you want to. See that liquor store? You can go there. See that motor-carriage? You can drive it into the ocean. See that phone booth? You can call her, and make her love you again!
Or – you can take one final case and crawl back to life.
Disco Elysium has:
• An original genre of setting, developed for 15 years in absolute secret. Neither fantasy, alternate history, or any known type of -punk, a novel set in the same world has been dubbed fantastic realism.
• The most advanced visuals ever made for the isometric perspective. A trick of the trade we call paintshading lets us create a moving contemporary oil painting.
• Writing by chronically success-impaired science fiction author Robert Kurvitz and original music by the Mercury prize winning band British Sea Power.
• A realistic skill system lets you develop original ideas using Conceptual Thinking, tune your nervous system with Electrochemistry, and become a disgrace to the uniform with Composure, a skill that lets you don your disco outfit to the maximum effect.
• Thought Cabinet, an inventory for thoughts, where you process the ideas you've stumbled on. Ideas become fixtures, permanent beliefs that you can't get rid of, even if you want to.
• Exactly one hundred and twenty eight times more choice and consequence than previously thought possible in a role playing video game. This is a world where even the smallest things you say matter.
We are inspired by "Planescape: Torment", "Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare" and "Kentucky Route Zero".
Disco Elysium has been in development for over a year. It's expected by the end of 2016 for PC.
Visit our frequently updated social media hijinks: