What is Macabre?
“An earthquake of cataclysmic proportions annihilates the world and ushers in what many address as “the end of times”. But is it really the end?
Join one man as he travels the world in order to unravel the truth behind these tragic events.”
Macabre is a post-apocalyptic role-playing game in a medieval setting.
While it is a traditional JRPG at heart, it has supplementary features that help make it more modern in terms of gameplay.
- Classic JRPG gameplay.
- A refreshing take on the random battle system that rewards grinding, or allows you to skip fighting altogether.
- Over a dozen side quests, many of which utilize a “fast travel” turn-in system.
- Over 40 in-game achievements (three designed for those who want the most challenging experience).
- A tiered crafting system with over 100 craftable items.
- Craftable equipment that gives you a choice in some character stat progression.
- Two combat ability paths per character to discover.
- Semi-randomized loot system that encourages exploration. Over 750 lootable objects.
- Controller support with JoyToKey (Windows) (other software might work too, but not tested).
- Two difficulty levels.