Octopath Traveler - All News
Saturday - June 15, 2019
Octopath Traveler - Review @ MMORPG
MMORPG has reviewed Octopath Traveler:
The RPG Files: Octopath Traveler Steam Review
Back in July of 2018 the world received anew JRPG from Square Enix in the form of Octopath Traveler on the Nintendo Switch. Sadly, however, it seemed it was going to be a Switch exclusive, leaving a lot of fans out of the loop. Thankfully that wasn’t the case, and Octopath Traveler made its way onto the PC stage via Steam on June 7th just a week ago.
Octopath Traveler is a great JRPG for what it is. While the story isn’t fantastic enough to please me, the general concept of the game from design all the way to combat is what held my attention. As a fan of both Bravely Default and Shin Megami Tensei, I can say the addition of their mechanics truly made the combat fun. The game isn’t perfect, but it’s far from mediocre. If you’re a JRPG fan you should truly enjoy this game.
Score: 8 / 10
Sunday - June 09, 2019
Octopath Traveler - Review @ PC Gamer
PC Gamer has reviewed Octopath Traveler:
Octopath Traveler review
This neo-retro JRPG is frustratingly close to something special.
What's new is old again. The trademarked 'HD-2D' art style of Acquire's likeable JRPG tips its hat to its publisher's rich genre history while acknowledging technical advancements since Square’s 16-bit golden age. Combining pixel art with contemporary effects—shallow focus, bokeh, real-time lighting and shadows, slightly excessive bloom—it's an immediately distinctive look. As a fusion of past and present, it works very well...up to a point. And, well, I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.
It’s a pity your party only really becomes a team on the battlefield. Outside it, the characters rarely feel connected, while potential conflicts are also conveniently ignored, even when two characters’ morals should theoretically be in opposition. Octopath Traveler gives us reason to care about the eight protagonists as individuals, but in failing to bring their stories together, it falls short of the classics that inspired it.
Friday - June 07, 2019
Octopath Traveler - Release Day
The J-RPG Octopath Traveler will be released today:
The award-winning RPG comes to PC!
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play. Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers.loading...
- Play as eight different characters, each with their own stories to uncover and side quests to complete
- Explore the enchanting yet perilous world of Orsterra, spanning 8 vast regions and discover each character’s full story as their journey unfolds
- Use each character's distinctive abilities (Path Actions), skills and talents in frenetic battles
- Enjoy the accessible yet deep turn-based combat battle system and break through enemy lines by identifying and targeting their weaknesses
- Solve side quests and story scenarios in a few different ways and take decisions that shape your path.
- Experience visuals inspired by retro 2D RPGs with beautiful realistic elements set in a 3D world
Thursday - May 16, 2019
Octopath Traveler - Available for Pre-Order
Octopath Traveler is now available for pre-order on Steam.
OCTOPATH TRAVELER now available to pre-purchase
If you’ve been patiently waiting for news on when you can pick up OCTOPATH TRAVELER on Steam, the answer is… right now.
The game is available to pre-purchase, ahead of its launch on June 7, 2019. Not only that, but anybody who gets the game now will also get a set of 11 exclusive wallpapers, featuring beautiful character art for the eight main heroes, and some of the stunning locations from the game.loading...
Tuesday - April 16, 2019
Octopath Traveler - PC Release: June 7
The PC version of Octopath Traveler will be available on Steam on June 7:
OCTOPATH TRAVELER - available on Steam June 7, 2019
Here’s one to add to you Wishlist right away - OCTOPATH TRAVELER is coming to Steam on June 7, 2019.
Originally released in 2018, this new release is the first time that the critically-acclaimed JRPG has been available outside of the Nintendo Switch. You can see it in action in the trailer:loading...
What is OCTOPATH TRAVELER?
OCTOPATH TRAVELER is an epic RPG, set in the world of Osterra. You’ll control 8 unique heroes - each with their own special skills and compelling stories. The cast includes:Olberic: a legendary knight seeking redemption for past failures
- Cyrus: an intelligent scholar who struggles with the mysteries of the heart
- Tressa: a passionate merchant who always has an eye for a good trade
- Ophelia: a pure-hearted cleric on a pilgrimage around the world
- Primrose: an orphaned noble who will let nothing stand between her and revenge
- Alfyn: an apothecary who wants to help and heal above all else
- Therion: a skilled thief who can get into any treasure room
- H’annit: a professional hunter, who searches for her missing master
It’s possible to start the game with any of these characters, and build your party in any order you wish. Every character has a unique story, combat skills and ‘Path Actions’ - abilities they use outside of combat.
Friday - April 12, 2019
Octopath Traveler - Is Coming to PC
ExclusivelyGames reports that Octopath Traveler will be coming to PC in what appears an accidental reveal.
Originally released exclusively for Switch in July of 2018, Octopath Traveler will be coming to PC this summer. The following quote was part of a strangely now deleted blog post from Square Enix: “We have some very exciting news for PC gamers. Octopath Traveler is coming to Steam on June 7, 2019! So, yknow, add it to your Wishlist now. The critically-acclaimed RPG has previously only been available on Nintendo Switch, so this will be the first time non-Nintendo owners can experience the game.”