Othercide is a horror-themed turn-based strategy game where the lore and game mechanics are tightly intertwined to deliver a twisted, dark and challenging experience. Enter a brutal world under assault from terrifying creatures from another dimension, hold back the tide with limited resources and endure brutal conditions in visually stunning world.
- Dynamic turn-based combat: Othercide features unique turn-based combat mechanics such as the Initiative Sequence system. You will experience a new way to predict enemy movements and actions as you try to execute a flawless tactical plan. Foresee danger and set up attack interruptions, devastating delayed actions and lethal reactions. You will have to wisely time attacks and defenses to overcome your adversaries.
- Brutal gameplay: Prepare to be the first and last line of defense against a seemingly endless enemy. Experience the tension of every decision with permanent death, roguelite features, deadly missions and limited resources. Every decision counts and comes with a sacrifice, whether it be resources or in blood!
- Never ending war: Survive, protect and defend reality from shattering, try to endure as long as possible while facing terrible and sometimes deadly choices. Even in defeat, new truths are learned, and options arise as sacrifices bring you closer to success.
- Striking art style: Othercide invites you to dive into an ethereal horror dimension, in-between two realities, brought to life with a dark and twisted monochromatic style, with a touch of vivid red.
Oh, my Dear… Can’t you remember anything? What was sleeping beyond the mirror is now awake… The Other is getting stronger. It suffers… It suffers so much. There is an eternal war between our two worlds. How long can we stand …?
How long before those nightmares shatter our reality? If we fail, nothing will remain…
Lead our Daughters in this desperate struggle to push the Others back out of our reality. Think carefully my dear as each decision you’ll make will come with a sacrifice…
Developer: Lightbulb Crew
Play-time: 20-40 hours
Regions & platforms
· Platform: PC
· Released at 2020-07-27
· Publisher: Focus Home Interactive