The Great Whale Road
What is the game about?
The Great Whale Road is a medieval RPG with turn-based tactics, longships and axes.
Travel the whale road - an Anglo-Saxon name for the sea - to supply your home settlement. Recruiting a crew and the occasional hero requires renown, which can be earned in combat as well as by trading and exploring.
Select your culture and set sail with your chosen retinue. You might hope for veteran warriors in their prime, but often only the young and the old are desperate enough to follow someone of little renown.
If life gives you cooking apples, make cider!
How will the game play?
- You choose your hero by selecting a culture, religion, family background and gender. You will play a prebuilt character, which will define where your home settlement is located and the basic abilities you start the game with.
- Characters are represented as cards, which are upgraded as the player's character and crew gain experience and renown.
- You earn experience by exploring, trading, combat as well as by completing quests.
- The seafaring game is real-time. There are seasons and day-night cycles.
- The combat system is tactical turn-based for both sea and land battles.
- Single-player RPG campaign: Players will be able to battle AI or human opponents in drop-in battles.
- Multiplayer arena where players can match their crews against each other.
What content will be in the game?
- Eight culture groups including Anglo-Saxons, Picts, Britons, Franks, Frisians, Danes, Saxons and Bretons.
- Early longships, trading ships and curraghs (Celtic skin boats).
- Historical locations and trade goods.
- Unique heroes, champions and crew for each culture.
- Quests: hero and champion story-lines, exploration and trading.
Information aboutThe Great Whale Road
Regions & platforms
· Platform: PC
· Expected at 2017-03-30
· Publisher: Unknown