Thea 2: The Shattering - All News
Saturday - May 25, 2019
Thea 2: The Shattering - Review
Thea 2: The Shattering has been reviewed by RockPaperShotun.
Thea 2 isn’t the hours I spent numbly crafting and cooking, or the card combat which I ended up auto-resolving ninety percent of the time, or the genuinely frustrating way my beloved Cabbage Joe was mercilessly crushed by a camp of bandits after clicking my way into an unwinnable encounter. Thea 2 is the child brought to my villagers via stork, who grew up to be a purple whirlwind demon, and spent their life studying rat corpses so I could learn how to build wishing wells. It’s the time my entire party got sick because a demon decided it would be fun to poo in my food supplies. It’s friendly dwarves who rob you blind after extending your hospitality, and evil-looking goblins who bestow blessings on you after sharing your food. Thea 2 is interesting in a ‘may you live in interesting times’ sense. An imperfect thing that I can’t help but feel affectionate towards.
Monday - May 13, 2019
Thea 2: The Shattering - Released
The strategy RPG Thea 2: The Shattering has been released:
Thea 2: The Shattering
Thea 2: The Shattering is a follow-up to the successful Thea: The Awakening, which brings the idea of innovative genre hybrid, with elements of turn-based, 4X strategy, survival, RPG and a card game, to entirely new and thoroughly polished level.
The player takes on a role of a deity from the Slavic mythology-inspired pantheon and as such, controls the fate of a small flock of believers struggling for survival. This goal can be achieved in many ways, from diplomacy to war, from exploring to conquering, but any playstyle will surely lead to completely unique adventures thanks to the procedurally generated environments. Rich options, from crafting to town-building system, as well as the co-op multiplayer gameplay, make Thea 2 an ideal choice for tactically minded players, who are up for a challenge.loading...
- Explore rich, procedurally generated and diverse new environments and biomes.
- Expand your influence in the world, build towns, widen your territories or choose the much tougher path of a nomad.
- Exterminate your way to victory, battle through the vast array of creatures or simply strive to survive till sunrise.
- Exploit the many wonders of the land - discover and combine resources, collect materials and craft them into your equipment.
- Become a deity of Thea and direct your Chosen to victory in a world inspired by Slavic myth and folklore.
- Play together - co-op mode for up to 3 players allows you to build your pantheon with friends.
- Choose your playstyle - become a warlord or a diplomat, or simply remain an outsider wandering the world in search of glory.
- Survive any way you can and choose your challenge style as you resolve conflicts via battle, mental or spiritual challenges.
- Free DLCs, built-in adventures editor and other modding tools.
Saturday - May 04, 2019
Thea 2: The Shattering - Launch Trailer
Thea 2: The Shattering will launch on May 13:
Thea 2: The Shattering launch trailerloading...
Tuesday - April 16, 2019
Thea 2: The Shattering - Releasing May 13th
A Kickstarter update for Thea 2: The Shattering announces a May 13th release date.
Thea 2: The Shattering launch date announced!
So the cat is out of the bag, we hope to release our second baby out in full on May 13th 2019!
We still have several weeks of hard work and heavy polish to make the game what we want it to be before release, but we are confident Thea 2 is nearly ready to see the wider world.
Early Access so far
The minimap is live, so no more guessing where the other biomes are hiding.
We've made an array of significant changes, updates and additions during ea, and we hope you will enjoy the final product.
Over the last two months, some of the bigger updates have been:
- revamp of crafting and resources
- re-design and addition of new god traits and god cards (you can now begin the game with more non-human characters, and there is a points system)
- added domination victory, which allow for players to complete the game in ways other than the main quest (some victory conditions include reaching certain population threshold, killing enough of the other factions or having a diverse population)
- quest logbook (full implementation in progress)
- fixed minor factions so they can now appear on biomes alongside the main faction villages (so now you can meet Stingers, Night Demons, Forest Demons, Scavengers or the Shadowkin)Stingers are one of the minor factions that now work, and it seems those bees like to ride wolves...
Those are but a few of the major changes, but we've also been constantly improving and fixing things, in accordance to our wonderfully active community.
There are several key aspects that need to make their way into the game before May 13th:
- kickstarter events and divine quest line (both are due to return from the proofreading within a week and will be implemented soon after)
- VO for the main quest (in progress)
- general balance (in progress)
Thanks you for submitting this news!
Sunday - February 03, 2019
Thea 2: The Shattering - Preview
CogConnected previewed the Early Access Thea 2: The Shattering.
A common theme of some of the upcoming content releases and updates was control; that is, giving the player more control. The ability to somewhat control child birth rates with resources and the ability to choose who to bring into battle if you have more than seven people in your group are just two of a number of upcoming features.
“Thea isn’t going to be like Civ, where if you do everything right, you can more or less know what’s going to happen. There’s always going to be that unpredictability with Thea, that importance of fate… but giving the players some flexibility is something that we’re working on.”
Even since our discussion, more content has been added to Thea 2. Production is clearly very active, and the game is being constantly improved. With any luck, MuHa Games will continue listening to feedback and improving their game. Thea 2: The Shattering is definitely one to watch.
Saturday - December 29, 2018
Thea 2: The Shattering - Preview @CogConnected
CogConnected previewed Thea 2: The Shattering and found it disappointing.
Thea 2 might be one of the only games I’ve seen that makes several first impressions. There’s the first impression that says, “Oh, another card-based combat game.” You have the second impression, which says, “Oh, but it’s like Civ?” Then you have the third, which says, “But with role-play elements?” Each of these impressions steadily improved my hopes for the game. There are a dreadfully large number of card-based combat games, and I was not excited to sit through a new one. Then I saw the UI resembling a Civilization game (albeit less polished) and thought that maybe the exploration component would help the game a bit. Finally, seeing the introduction of RPG elements really set my mind a bit wild with the possibilities. Images of a more accessible Crusader Kings came to mind. They were quickly dashed, however, as the game showed that the first impression really was almost all I needed.
Friday - November 30, 2018
Thea 2: The Shattering - Available in Early Access
Thea 2: The Shattering has arrived on Steam Early Access.
Thea 2: The Shattering, innovative Slavic strategy debuts on Steam Early Access today
Genre-bending strategy game Thea 2: The Shattering, from Polish-British studio MuHa Games - based on Slavic myths and culture - is available now on Steam Early Access.
November 30, 2018 - MuHa Games: Polish-British indie developer and creator of Thea: The Awakening, the critically well-received 4x strategy, RPG, survival and card game hybrid, has launched its long-awaited sequel, Thea 2: The Shattering, today via Steam Early Access. The Early Access version provides players with the core game experience, including co-op multiplayer.
Thea 2: The Shattering builds on the best and most distinctive elements of the first Thea, providing more content, enriched and much enhanced gameplay, as well as new and innovative ideas. Fans of deep strategy will have access to hours of challenging entertainment, providing the perfect starter to the full game's main course - which should be served up long before the summer of 2019 is with us.
Early Access includes all the core game mechanics: including exploration, battles, resource gathering, research and crafting. The main quest and a number of side quests will be fully playable. Fans of co-operative play will be pleased to know that co-op modes have also made it into the Early Access build.
Thea 2: The Shattering once again offers a unique blend of 4X turn strategy, RPG, survival - and an original card game with a dark fantasy setting - all inspired by Slavic mythology and culture. Players take on the role of gods, overseeing the actions of their tribe of followers, while navigating a procedurally-generated environment.
They will decide on their favoured play style and build on it during the adventure: they may wish to simply explore the world as nomads, take on all comers as a warlord-led army, or master the art of diplomacy; building alliances with other factions and trying to ensure the peaceful survival of their worshippers. An atmospheric musical score and moody visuals provide a perfect accompaniment to a carefully crafted Slavic narrative.
The Early Access version of Thea 2: The Shattering is available to buy on Steam now at prices 24.99 USD/ 19.99 GBP/ 21.99 EUR.
Wednesday - November 28, 2018
Thea 2: The Shattering - Story Trailer
A story trailer for Thea 2: The Shattering.
In the dark world of Thea, survival is forever a struggle. Now that the earth has Shattered, only the gods can help their people find safety. The follow up to the award-winning Thea: The Awakening, Thea 2: The Shattering is a hybrid game that seamlessly blends strategic, turn based gameplay with rougelite and survival undertones, story-driven role playing mechanics and challenge resolution system based on a card game. Up to three players become gods and attempt to guide their flock to prosperity.
Steam Early Access begins on November 30th.
Sunday - November 18, 2018
Thea 2: The Shattering - Early Access November 30th
A new update for Thea 2: The Shattering announces an Early Access release date of November 30th.
Early Access is almost here!
As hopefully all of you know by now, we will be releasing our second baby into the world on November 30th. Yay!
So, if by any chance you still haven't got your Steam key, please message me asap, and I will sort it out.
There is also a chance that you may get access to ea before 30th, so keep your eyes peeled for news about that.loading...
Early Access Roadmap Draft
Stuff we want to do during the entire Early Access period:
1. Steam Workshop implementation (+instuctions on what can be modded and how to mod certain aspects of the game)
2. Steam Cloud saves implementation
3. Weather (visual effects, gameplay mechanics)
4. Additional equipment icons (Tier 2 & 3)
5. Additional 2d/3d artwork
7. Game difficulty options
8. World generation options
9. Research (including acquiring researchable items)
11. Finishing and polishing events, including the main quest (proofreading, bug fixing)
12. Divine Quest and KS backer quests
13. Voiceover for the main quest
14. Quest logbook, faction status panel
15. Endgame + scoring 16. Settings (video, gameplay)
17. Challenge tutorials
18. Steam cards and achievements
19. General bug fixing
20. General balance improvements
21. General UI improvements
Thursday - November 08, 2018
Thea 2: The Shattering - Launches on EA, November 30
Thea 2: The Shattering will be available on Early Access at the end of this month.
Polish-British studio MuHa Games has announced that their newest game, Thea 2: The Shattering, will debut on Steam as an Early Access title at the end of this monthNovember 5, 2018 - MuHa Games: Polish-British indie developer and creator of Thea: The Awakening, the critically well-received 4x strategy, RPG, survival and card game hybrid, have announced Steam Early Access for their much-anticipated sequel: Thea 2: The Shattering. After a successful Kickstarter campaign and a period of intense development, it will appear on EA November 30, 2018 - taking another big step towards a full release, scheduled for 2019.
Early Access includes all the core game mechanics: including exploration, battles, resource gathering, research and crafting. The main quest and a number of side quests will be fully playable. Fans of co-operative play will be pleased to know that co-op modes have also made it into the Early Access build. Developers are aiming to thoroughly analyse feedback from players; helping them tweak game mechanics and add that final polish to the full release.
Thea 2: The Shattering will once again offer a unique blend of 4X turn strategy, RPG, survival - and an original card game with a dark fantasy setting - all inspired by Slavic mythology and culture. Players take on the role of gods, overseeing the actions of their tribe of followers, while navigating a procedurally-generated environment. They will decide on a favoured play style and build on it during their adventure: they may wish to simply explore the world as nomads, take on all comers as a warlord-led army, or master the art of diplomacy; building alliances with other factions and trying to ensure the peaceful survival of their worshippers.
An atmospheric musical score and moody visuals provide a perfect accompaniment to a carefully-crafted Slavic narrative. Co-op multiplayer, free DLC content, an adventure editor and modding tools, all mean this Early Access version will provide a well-rounded strategy experience ahead of next year's full release.
Thursday - September 06, 2018
RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Thea 2: The Shattering Preview
MuHa games was showing the sequel to Thea: The awakening, so I decided to have a look at their latest incarnation in the Thea world: Thea 2: The Shattering.
Thea 2: The Shattering is the sequel to Thea: The Awakening and introduces several new elements and changes, but it remains to be a turn-based isometric hybrid role-playing/survival/strategy/card-game.
In contrast to the first Thea game, you will start without a village and you not required to have one either. You still get to grow your party of characters and explore with multiple teams and do all that without a base. You can however have a village if you want and can even have a couple of villages, but it will not be like Civilization where you get to build an entire empire.
There will be factions and every faction can provide you with quests and trade opportunities as long as you haven't made an enemy out of them. For this there is a friendship counter with each of the factions that determines how they feel about you and can change, based on your actions.
As the world of Thea has been shattered into pieces (hence the name of the game), there will be a number of islands that you will need to travel to and for that, you are able to travel by boat now. The islands will have different biomes, where you can harvest the materials matching the biomes of that island.
Saturday - July 14, 2018
Thea 2: The Shattering - Progress Report & Release Dates
A new update for Thea 2: The Shattering announces Steam early access release for November 2018.
Progress report and release dates
Where are we at with release dates.
We’ve been having a lot of team meetings and progress reviews (sounds all formal, but we’ve just been assessing realistic goals and targets that still need hitting) and we have a few announcements to make this month.
So firstly, as you know, our policy has always been to only release our game into early access once it is feature complete and fully playable. Not only do you not get a second chance at a first impression, but more importantly, we’d hate for our fans to pay for something they cannot fully enjoy yet.
With that in mind, we set the date for the Steam early access release for November 2018. We then hope to fully release the game in the first quarter of 2019.
But, because we hate moving dates and we are aware you’ve been waiting patiently for a good while already, we plan to have a playable beta/demo version ready in September and available for our Kickstarter backers to test (that will be everyone who pledged £15 or more). The plan is to have a beta available on steam, but if for any reason this fails, we will prep a demo build for you to enjoy.
Rewards and other news.
We are also hoping to show the game at Gamescom this summer, and if that happens, I will make another one of those great play-through vids for you 😉 As for other rewards, we’ve been putting everything together as we go along, but truth be told, we have been focused on getting the game into early access first, and then we can get onto the rewards and have it ready for you for the full release (or before, if things go smoothly).
And we're working through a final batch (I hope it is final this time ;) ) of portraits and characters, so look out for those in the coming weeks.
And now, before we leave, here’s a look at one of our artists hard at work on one of the backer characters. Enjoy!loading...
All the best,
Friday - June 15, 2018
Thea 2: The Shattering - Pre-Alpha Gameplay
A new update for Thea 2: The Shattering shows some pre-alpha gameplay.
So we've had a chance to show a short demo of some pre-alpha gameplay for Thea 2 at Digital Dragons last month and today, we want to share a play-through from that.
Now, the video is a bit long, but we wanted to show as much as possible.loading...
Thursday - December 14, 2017
Thea 2: The Shattering - Development Update
Thea 2 has received an end of year update which delivers a status report on progress and introduces a new God called Lada.
Editor: final (or as final as it ever gets at this stage, or ever ) works on the editor's functionality are being done this month. This means we're making sure things like - different challenge types, rewards, xp, event logic etc. - work as they should. We're also hoping to add the trade functionality, which is something much needed based on our experience of Thea 1.
Database - again, we're adding skills, resources, items, races, classes and more. Later, we will have to make sure these are all balanced, for now, we need them to exist and take shape so that we can push out that first playable prototype.
UI/Art/Story - these are constantly being worked on, 2D art is commissioned, 3D models are being matched with their 2D counterparts and perfected by A'vee, the quests are growing in number every week and with the editor shaping up, maybe they'll start working soon ;).
God reveal - Lada
Finally, we will leave you in the gentle hands of our lady of love, may she bring us all a peaceful and happy Christmas and a wonderful 2018!loading...
Sunday - October 08, 2017
Thea 2: The Shattering - Funded
Thea 2: The Shattering has funded and is now onto stretchgoals.
We're funded, so let's see the next stretch goal!
Yey, we're funded! So awesome, we can't say thank you enough!
So now it's time to hit those stretch goals guys!
80K - Improved Free DLC
-Additional major race,
-Additional god to join the pantheon,
-New main quest,
-Additional music tracks and event art.
So if you want to see more god and races and stuff, lets keep the ball rolling.
Saturday - September 30, 2017
Thea 2: The Shattering - Thea 1 vs Thea 2
MuHa Games listed some changes from Thea 1 to Thea 2 in their Kickstarter update #2:
Thea 1 vs Thea 2
Due to popular demand, we're gonna list some of the key features of Thea 2 that expand or even change from its Thea 1 origins.
New Additions (This list is not final and is subject to change!):
- Islands, seas and boats! (Yup, you'll finally be able to traverse those pesky water features!)
- More than one settlement! Thea 2 will begin with bare essentials, no village no safety... but eventually, you will have the chance to expand beyond the one village. This will not be easy and it will not reach the heights of empire building, but it will give the option for greater expansion.
- Pets (tbc, but that’s the design idea so far)
- Customisable god traits(this feature is still wip, so I won’t say too much, but the gods will have their set bonuses to ensure their character is reflected, but you also be able to buy bonuses for them)
- Advanced modding tools. If you like coding, you will have access to some great modding tools, that will let you truly change the game, including adding new races, classes, items etc. And the Event Editor will be available from the start as well.
- At least 3-person co-op.The idea is you’ll be able to do challenges and quests together, gain shared xp and chose your won gods (that is, chose different gods each)
- New card game mechanics. We’re trying to make the card game streamlined, more accessible and more tactical, while of course not losing any of the depth. (detailed info on the card game is coming later this week)
- Biomes. We have six distinct biomes that will offer not only the thematic/visual diversity, but also varied difficulty levels, so that you can plan your exploration, rather than have it entirely randomized. (say the volcanic biome houses orc tribes as well as dragons and lava trolls, so you will know the risk there is higher, bit so it the reward)
- Factions. In Thea 2 creatures will form factions that you can interact with, trade, talk, maybe even do quests for them. And of course, because it is Thea, they will be odd factions too, like bees or other unexpected foes. After all, it is a world where you could marry a spider!
- Just more of everything… more quests, more items, more monsters, greater maps, more visuals, even more fun.
Tuesday - September 19, 2017
Thea 2: The Shattering - Now on Kickstarter
The Kickstarter campaign for Thea 2: The Shattering is live:
Thea 2: The Shattering
The shattering sequel to Thea: The Awakening. Turn-based strategy-survival inspired by Slavic mythology. Become a god, lead, survive!loading...
- Co-op and single player gameplay – survive Thea with friends or solo,
- New, deeper and improved tactical card game to resolve challenges and encounters,
- Randomly generated, vast hex maps to explore,
- Slavic mythology and folklore,
- Hundreds of stories and quests to discover,
- Event editor gives you the ability to make your own adventure,
- Extensive modding and scripting available,
- Meet the vast array of factions that populate Thea and choose diplomacy or warfare as your path,
- Customize existing gods to match your playstyle,
- Control multiple villages simultaneously,
- Explore endless combinations of attributes and skills for your “chosen ones”.
Saturday - March 11, 2017
Thea 2: The Shattering - Day/Night Cycles
Day/Night cycles will be back in Thea 2: The Shattering:
Today I wanted to share one bit I’ve been working on recently – day/night cycles.
Those of you who have played Thea: The Awakening surely remember that one of the game’s features was a day/night cycle that affected visibility and difficulty. We’ve decided to keep this element in Thea 2: The Shattering as well. An opportunity to work on this bit appeared after Khash has added handling of specular maps into his terrain and water shaders this week. So to test how things work, I played a while with different light setups and thought it would be cool to put together a switchable animation with a set of lights that would show the day/night cycle. After two days of trying to get the light and shadows right (being fairly new to different lighting settings), here’s a short video showing the progress...
Thursday - January 26, 2017
Thea 2: The Shattering - Announced for 2018
Killing Moon spotted the annoucement of Thea 2: The Shattering on Explorminate:
Thea 2: The Shattering Is On The Horizon!
“It has been a while since we visited the world of Thea: the Awakening (by MuHa games): a world that was wracked by darkness and all the horrors it brought with it. At the end of our adventures, we were on the verge of restoring all that had been lost. We defeated the Giant scourge. We discovered why the darkness came and put us into eternal night for more than 100 years. As the final council meetings were being held in New eXplorminate (our namesake village), we had a decision to make: help our deity or side with free humanity and the night races.
Suddenly, we heard the furious clicking of keys. Again and again. A new chapter in the saga was being written.”