Thursday - November 21, 2019
Yaga - Review @ TSA
TSA checked out the action RPG Yaga:
It’s safe to say that Ivan the Blacksmith is having a bad day. He’s just had his arm sliced off and eaten by a particularly cranky – and hungry – creature named the Likho, which would be bad enough if this skinny, black clad, one-eyed embodiment of pure evil also goes and curses Ivan with bad luck. Adding to Ivan’s woes is a particularly pernickety Tzar, who tasks the blacksmith with a series of impossible tasks, the reward for which is another impossible task, while the punishment for failure is a severe case of premature death. How’s Ivan to resolve these problems? By completing a series of quests in an action RPG of course!
There's a lot to like about Yaga; intriguing world building, superb characterisation, conversational tactics and a clear passion for Slavic mythology all tick my 'Yes' boxes. But the uninspired combat, slow movement, ineffective forging and annoying bad luck mechanic. It's an unsatisfying folktale then, the kind where the storyteller insists on coughing and saying 'erm' a lot, when all you want them to do it get on with it and get to the good bit.
Monday - November 04, 2019
Yaga - Release Date & New Trailer
@Twinfinte Yaga will be released November 12th.
Developer Versus Evil has announced the release date of its upcoming 2D action-RPG Yaga with a new trailer that showcases the game’s whimsical story and bone-crushing melee combat. The game is to launch on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via the Epic Games Store next month, Nov. 12.
Thursday - October 03, 2019
Yaga - Open for Pre-Orders
TheGG reports that isometric action RPG Yaga is now available for pre-orders. The game will launch in November.
Baltimore, MD – September 26th 2019 Independent games publisher Versus Evil in partnership with Breadcrumbs Interactive today announced that pre-orders are now available for its action role-playing game “Yaga” ahead of its November launch on PC via the Epic Games Store. Yaga will also be arriving to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One at the same time.
Gamers who pre-order on the Epic Games store can save 20% on the game, the soundtrack, and the Bad Luck Bundle.
Sunday - March 10, 2019
Yaga - Announced for 2019
The action RPG Yaga will be released in 2019:
Play as Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith cursed with incredible bad luck.
Ivan is caught between a Tzar giving him impossible tasks, a mysterious witch who wants to manipulate him, and his grandma who wants him to find a wife.
Start your journey in an action RPG where the story and characters react to the way you roleplay your character.loading...
- Building a reputation through roleplaying results in different interactions with villagers and NPCs, unlocking secrets, trading options, or bestowing game-changing curses or blessings upon the player character.
- Pagan beliefs and superstitions are key to unlocking hidden secrets, getting house spirits on your side, or avoiding the powerful curses of unclean creatures.
- Fateful Crossroads between levels allow the player to influence the difficulty, challenge and level generation of the game
- Discover and combine lots of talismans and artifacts that change the player's abilities and the gameplay
- Craft and upgrade an arsenal of weapons and tools to aid you in your journeys.
- Unique Soundtrack featuring underground folklore band Subcarpati.
Developer: Breadcrumbs Interactive
Regions & platforms
· Platform: PC
· Expected at 2020-04-01
· Publisher: Breadcrumbs Interactive