Battle Brothers - Update 1.1 released
Update 1.1 for Battle Brothers has been released:
The Conclusion: Update 1.1 Released
The 1.1 update to Battle Brothers is here and brings a bunch of additions and changes, as well as various bugfixes – see below for the complete changelog. Also, we’re talking about what we’ll be doing next.
Making Battle Brothers a reality has been a great ride. Back when we still worked our evenings and weekends on the game, we never imagined quite how many and how much people would fall in love with it, and all the support we’d get from you. Playing the game now ourselves, we’re genuinely happy with how things turned out. For all its flaws, Battle Brothers is fun to play, it’s satisfying to see what we achieved with our means, and we’re happy to say that we’ve learned a lot on game development as we created our first game together.
A part of game development is making tough decisions on where to spend your limited time. In creating Battle Brothers we, too, had to make concessions in order to make the game happen. Unfortunately, this now makes things like translations and mod support unfeasible, as much as we’d like to offer them, and expanding the game beyond its initial concept an increasingly unwieldy endeavour.
We’ve thought long and hard about where we want to go from here. After working on the same game for almost five years now, we’ve come to realize that it is time to move on. Creating Battle Brothers has always been about building the game we want to play ourselves, and furthering ourselves as game developers, and we believe that taking all the lessons learned here to create a new game dear to us is the right next step to take.
Development on Battle Brothers is concluded with today’s update – although we’ll of course continue to provide bugfixes, as necessary. We have a very good idea of the game we want to create next, and we’re enthusiastic to get started. It won’t be Battle Brothers 2, but if you enjoyed playing Battle Brothers, chances are good you’ll really enjoy our next game, too. We look forward to tell you all about it in the future. It’ll even have legs!
- Added 18 new illustrated events.
- Added 3 new player banners.
- Added 63 colored variants of most common helmets for more customization options.
- Added more options to customize campaign difficulty by introducing separate settings for 'Economic Difficulty', 'Combat Difficulty' and 'Starting Funds'. See tooltips for more information.
- Added optional 'Reset Equipment After Battle' setting to automatically place equipment back into the inventory slot it was in before battle, if possible.
- Added additional ambient sounds for settlements.
- Changed combat log to show more detailed information, including hit chances, dice rolls for enemies and damage to shields.
- Changed 'Bags & Belts' perk to also remove the fatigue penalty for carrying items in any bag slot.
- Changed fatigue cost of ‘Indomitable’ perk active skill to 20, down from 25.
- Changed various minor things to improve game balance and pacing.
- Fixed 'Lone Wolf' perk effect sometimes not updating correctly after movement.
- Fixed potentially wrong healing time displayed in medical supplies tooltip.
Fixed specific ambitions not being recorded as fulfilled when engaging two enemy parties in quick succession.
- Fixed issue with 'Armed Courier' contract during an active late game crisis.
- Fixed two potential issues with the 'Siege Fortification' contract.
- Fixed issue when retreating at a specific point during the 'Free Greenskin Prisoners' contract.
- Fixed game potentially hanging when loading an ambush with a large number of opponents.
- Fixed auto-loot sometimes granting loot to the player even if not having won the battle.
- Fixed cultist conversion events also changing daily wages.
- Fixed situations at settlements sometimes not being resolved correctly.
- Fixed tavern rumors about famed helmets incorrectly referring to them as weapons.
- Fixed various minor issues.
Information aboutBattle Brothers