Pillars of Eternity II - Patch 2.1.0 live
Patch 2.1.0 for Pillars of Eternity II is now available:
Patch 2.1.0.0034 is live!
Greetings and well met Watchers!
Patch 2.1.0 is now live! There are a ton of new features and fixes in the game, so I'll just leave you with the new stuff. For the complete patch notes, please visit our forums.
New Features & Updates
- Shroud of the Phantasm - A new community-designed cape, the Shroud of the Phantasm seems to grant the wielder the favor of Wael, though the will of the God of Secrets is all but impossible to discern for certain. Wearers gain the ability to manifest illusory duplicates and are rarely, if the God of Secrets is watching, struck with bolts of understanding capable of turning the tide of battle. You can find this magical item hidden within Berkana's Observatory.
- Ability Tree Preview - Thanks to our programming team, the Class Ability Tree can now be viewed outside of the level up screen! This can be done from the Inventory/Character Sheet UI, or when recruiting a new companion.
- New Magran's Fires Challenges added - New challenges and old favorites have been added for players that want a difficult experience with a twist. These challenges can be found by clicking the head of Magran at the bottom of the Title Menu.
- Skaen's Challenge
- The Fog of War is greatly reduced around the Player's Character.
- Torches can help increase the vision area.
- Abydon's Challenge
- Weapons and Armor now degrade during adventuring.
- Weapons and Armor can be repaired for a price through the Enchanting Menu.
- Enchanting UI Update
- The Enchanting Menu has received a visual re-work. Enchantment progression paths are now much clearer, and it should be easy to tell if a new enchantment will replace or rework an old enchantment.
- Steam Workshop Mod Support - Mods will now be supported through the Steam Workshop page. Check it out to see what unique changes the community is bringing to the world of Eora!
- Audio Combat Remixing - Our audio team has remastered in-game combat sounds, resolving a suite of bugs and generally improving the game as per community feedback:
- Combat Chatter now provides more critical feedback and is easier to understand during combat.
- Creatures have been tuned to spam sounds less
- Ability audio has been tuned to react to other sounds (i.e. gets softer when combat chatter is playing)
- And much more!
Resolved Major Issues
- FPS degradation over time that was introduced in v2.0.1 no longer occurs.
- Party companion portraits are now saved after restarting the game.
- Items are no longer duplicated when using the Quickload feature during item transactions.
- Modals appear when a weapon is copied into a character's main hand.
- Pillars of Eternity 1 saves are now recognized across all supported languages.
- Players now leave Bekarna's Observatory as expected.
- Players now leave Fort Deadlight as expected.
- Pre-Ukaizo save data now allows for DLC completion.
- Players that obtain the submarine can now leave Nekataka via port icon.
- Players can now read the Harbinger's missive with no issues.
- Aloth and Konstanten will now appear as intended in Party Management.
- Players no longer get stuck in combat when boarding the Deck of Many Things while a hostile ship is nearby.
Information aboutPillars of Eternity II