The Iron Oath - November Update
The latest update for The Iron Lore explains animation changes and other stuff.
Hey, Chris here. I have been tackling a lot of small tasks since the Kickstarter, focusing on polishing things that got left to the wayside in the wake of getting the Kickstarter up and running. Much of that dealing with the flow of combat and bugs. The biggest task I delved into was the start of implementing the logic that governs how the world plays out as time advances forward. I prototyped how the different Houses in game will have children, choose heirs, vie for the throne, manage their resources, etc. There is still much work left to do on that front but it is coming along nicely.
As Nik mentioned, the focus now is getting a build ready (primarily combat focused) for Otronicon in January. Otronicon isn't really a purely gaming focused event but it's a local show I wanted to participate in along with the rest of the indie game scene in Orlando, FL. We have a couple phases of builds we're working towards with each one getting us closer to our beta build that will be sent to backers late next year.
Some other tasks I worked on included:
- implementing keys for locked doors/chests
- updated internal tools for creating dynamic events and dialogue
- updated character abilities to be more inline with their designs
- tweaking general pace of combat (an ongoing process)
- worked on equipping gear and looting from chests
- added consumable items (e.g. health potions)
- implemented stores to purchase items from various vendors
- skinned/implemented some pre-mission UI screen
- various bug fixing
Information aboutThe Iron Oath
Genre: Tactical RPG
Release: In development