Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
THQ Nordic - Acquires Eleven Game Developers
by Silver, 2020-11-20 19:44:29
DSOGaming reports that Embracer Group, which is the parent of THQ Nordic, Deep Silver and Saber Interactive, has acquired 11 Game Developers and a QA and PR group.
Below is the full list of studios and groups in Embracer Group’s acquisition.
- A Thinking Ape Entertainment – The developers of mobile free-to-play titles CasinoX and Kingdoms at War
- Zen Studios – The Budapest studio behind the Pinball FX games, with expansions based on properties like Star Wars and The Walking Dead
- Snapshot Games – The development team behind Phoenix Point will “expand the Phoenix Point universe” and “bring new IP to a global audience” following the acquisition
- Nimble Giant Entertainment – The Argentinian studio behind Champions of Regnum and Quantum League
- 34BigThings – The Italian studio responsible for the Redout racing game series
- Mad Head Games – A Serbian studio specializing in mystery and Hidden Object games.
- Purple Lamp Studios – The Austrian team behind Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated, who are set to put their “ambitious plans into action” following the acquisition
- IUGO Mobile Entertainment – A Vancouver based-studio working on mobile free-to-play games, previously responsible for The Walking Dead: Road to Survival
- Coffee Stain North – A smaller studio and partner of Coffee Stain Studios, who has worked on Goat Simulator and A Story About My Uncle
- Silent Games – A Newcastle-based studio working on its debut IP, a long-lasting co-op franchise where players will “unearth deep secrets of an ancient civilization.” The first game is set for a 2023 launch.
- Flying Wild Hog – The Polish studio behind the Shadow Warrior series of games, Flying Wild Hog is now working on “four projects together with well reputable external publishers”