Underworld Ascendant - Performance Improvements
A new update for Underworld Ascendant talks performance improvements.
Hi everyone, we’re happy to release Update 3 for Underworld Ascendant. We’ve been listening to your feedback and focused this Update on improving performance, fixing bugs and polishing various aspects of the game. We also added a bunch of fun new things as noted below.Performance Improvements and New or Updated Features
- Major improvements to frame rate and load times.
- Lighting pass across the game to help players see deeper into the darkest corners of the Abyss.
- Added Saurian Mage allies that have been captured by Typhon’s minions. Once you free these allies, they will aid you in battle against nearby undead.
- Added the Outcast character Fane, an ally who, once freed, becomes a vendor selling adventuring provisions wherever Hapurkala sets up camp.
- Added Talking Skulls (Bart and Bertha) to the Midnight Forum in Marcaul.
- Increased the equipment that drops in the earliest part of the game and added several new types of gear.
- Loot from chests is now placed more intelligently in the chest’s interior, to reduce unintended collisions.
- Added a new, more appropriately-sized model representing smaller equipment items like helmets and boots.
- Added confirmation text when Quick-Saving, including a notification if the player is in a situation where saving is not permitted.
- You can now start climbing ropes and chains from swimming contact, not just jumping. Also, contact with water won’t break you out a rope climb.
- Blast arrows no longer detonate without being fired (like, for example, when they’re sitting in a chest).
- Rune formulas branded on wands with the Focus Mastery skill are now preserved around player respawn.
- Added Goggles of Night-vision as a new item of headgear.
- Added variation of scale colors to Saurians (rather than all defaulting to green).
- Updated Aelita's vendor tables to offer a greater selection of gear usable with the Ceremonial Garb skill.
- Updated the sfx that plays upon completing a quest.
- Improved performance when things are on fire.
Information aboutUnderworld Ascendant