Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Development Update
A quick development update for Vagrus: The Riven Realms:
What's coming in the next patch?
we just wanted to give you all a quick development update. We are pushing hard to publish the next big release still this year. Here's what's coming if all goes according to plan:
- The Deven region with one major settlement, Deven, and a smaller one, Sun Rock, as well as a lot of new ground to explore.
- The Church of Ahskul faction is fleshed out in all its macabre glory.
- Try your luck at tomb robbing in the Valley of Sleepers - if you dare.
- The Ratharnak Alliance's headquarters were extended and moved to the Mines of Plenty.
- Your journey with the Dread Reavers continues!
- A lot of new (shorter and longer) storylines you can follow through.
- The Dark Elf companion Renkailon can now be recruited through story progression.
Crew Combat Improvements:
Looting in crew combat
- Destroy the enemy or make it flee and get all their valuables
- Gather/Harvest items, money, and goods from fallen enemy units
- Catch - with a small chance - the surviving mounts of your outriders who fell in battle
- Extract supplies from mounts that did not survive
Of course, the Riven Realms remains a dog-eat-dog place, so none of this loot is available if you lose or are forced to flee. Also, 'immersion is king' even when it comes to looting. Do not expect desperate lowlife tugs attacking your comitatus carrying heaps of valuables. Now, in case you are the aggressor and ambush their camp with all their possessions... that is another story. Provided that you are okay to prey on the weak. Will your companions approve?
- You can mount fighters, dismount outriders right before crew combat (except if you are ambushed)
Goal (objective) selection changes
- Now you select a goal on the defensive side as well, so you can choose what you defend the most (crew, beast, cargo)
- The main target of the enemies is only revealed in the second round
- You can change your objective at the end of each round
- Added the option to flee or retreat even during ongoing crew combat (albeit at potentially heavy losses)
New 'defense' stat introduced
- It better reflects how easy or hard it is to take out certain enemies and characters (i.e.: outriders are much harder to damage)
- You can improve your crews' combat strength and/or defense stats with equipment and properties separately
Actions in crew combat (tactical commands)
Giving more tools to the vagrus, we are now enabling 'Actions' in crew combat. These can significantly influence the outcome of crew level combat encounters. Our ultimate goal is to enable entering Companion combat directly from Crew Combat but even until then, players can choose from a number of actions (more to come), like:
- 'Launch a mounted attack' that increases the CS of Outriders for the round
- 'Form a Shield wall' to increase the Defense of your Fighters
- 'Insult' the enemy to increase the chance of them making a mistake
Impervious crew combat enemies
Specters, Haunts, Living Shadows. Horrors that are immune to mundane weapons. Improve your companions, gain the blessing of Gods, gather rare magical items to defeat them. Alternatively, do the only thing you can if you come across these deadly enemies... FLEE!
- Impervious enemies are marked with purple borders and their defense stat is colored as such, too
- Only your Enchanted companions and/or crew can damage Impervious enemies in crew combat. Enchanted Combat Strength is highlighted - the axe and the CS value are colored to purple.
- Event UI performance updates to ease the jittering (still not 100% but we are committed to fix it as soon as we are able)
- Higher Authority now reduces Companion loyalty penalties
- Outriders now automatically dismount to create cargo space in case the throw-out screen is (or would be) triggered
We are looking forward to all of you getting your hand on the new update and hearing about your experience. In case you like the game and/or the direction we are taking with it, please consider leaving a review. It's a huge help. Thanks and see you around, vagri!
The Lost Pilgrims Team
Information aboutVagrus: The Riven Realms
Release: In development