Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
From BioWare's site:
"BioWare's vision is to deliver the best story-driven games in the world."
Greg Zeschuk & Ray Muzyka
Joint CEO's BioWare Corp.
- BioWare is an electronic entertainment company specializing in creating computer and console video games
- BioWare's vision is to deliver the best story-driven games in the world
- Founded in 1995, BioWare Corp. is recently celebrated its 10th anniversary. BioWare is based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- BioWare recently participated in a US$300 million merger with Pandemic Studios to form one of the strongest independent game development companies in the games industry
- The new BioWare/Pandemic Studios is a partnership facilitated by private equity firm, Elevation Partners
- Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk are Joint CEOs at BioWare, as well as the Co-Executive Producers of BioWare's games, as well as corporate Vice Presidents and Directors at BioWare/Pandemic Studios
- BioWare Austin, a new studio announced in March 2006, is currently developing a new Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) game
- BioWare currently employs more than 260 people as of December, 2005
- In September 2003, BioWare announced Jade EmpireTM, a martial arts action role-playing game based on a new BioWare-owned intellectual property (IP)
- Jade Empire was released in April 2005 and is published by Microsoft Game Studios for the Xbox video game system
- In May 2004, BioWare announced Dragon AgeTM, a fantasy role-playing game based on a new BioWare-owned IP
- In October 2005, BioWare announced Mass EffectTM, a science fiction action RPG for Xbox 360. Mass Effect will be based on another new, BioWare-owned IP
- In addition to Mass Effect, BioWare has a second, unannounced Xbox 360 next generation game in development
- BioWare's Technology Architecture Group is also developing a next-generation engine project, the BioWare Eclipse EngineTM for console and PC.
- BioWare's online community has nearly 3 million registered users at www.bioware.com as of March, 2006