Infinite Interactive - All News
Monday - January 12, 2009
Infinite Interactive - Puzzle Quest Team has New Title in the Works
IGN posts the news that Infinitive Interactive, the makers of the multi-platform puzzle/rpg hybrid, Puzzle Quest:Challenge of the Warlords, is working on another title in the PQ setting, Deathbringer. Here's the info:
The spiritual sequel [to Puzzle Quest], Galactrix, will be arriving soon, and we've just learned that developeris busy working on another RPG/puzzle mash-up. Titled , it will be set in the same world as Puzzle Quest.
The RPG part of Deathbringer will be weighted more towards the "action RPG" genre. Infinite Interactive says it will have "the classic addictive gameplay of a puzzle -- exactly like Puzzle Quest." Also like PQ, there will be dozens of side quests, and a random dungeon element is being added. It's being developed for PC, with plans to port it to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. will be publishing the title either later this year or early next.
Here is the official feature list:
• Real-time, fast-action puzzle gameplay.
• Persistent Heroes who can be saved and carried over from dungeon to dungeon.
• Multiplayer support for up to 2-player cooperative gameplay.
• Multiple Hero Skill Trees to choose from – all with unique attacks & abilities.
• Companion Mode, where an intelligent AI companion (with player defined action scripts) accompanies the player, to complement the player's skills. There are 4 companions to choose from. Companions are persistent just like heroes - each Companion will grow over time, gaining skills as they adventure with the hero. There will also be 5 hidden familiars that can only be found through completing hard side quests.
• Extensibility via an open architecture that allows new dungeons & monsters to be added to the game after release.
• Over 100 Magic Items for heroes to use.
• Spell System which is simple, fun and spectacular.
• Multiple Dungeons to adventure in – all with detailed and exciting level-design.
• Simple interface which should be familiar to most console & PC gamers.
• Replayability via hero skills & combinations, and also random dungeon elements and extensible items.
• High quality graphics developed for Infinite's Sage Engine.
• Excellent Music - High quality soundtrack featuring thematic music, and dynamic music support.
• High quality sound effects, including plenty of speech and all manner of magical whooshes and crashes, all in 3D positional sound!
Information aboutInfinite Interactive