PotBS - Avatar Combat Revamp Live
The large v1.11 update to Pirates of the Burning Sea titled The Clash of Steel that introduces huge changes to avatar combat went live last week - head over to the official site to read about the new stuff in v1.11. Here's a snip from the patch notes on the content changes:
- Every AvCom mission in the game has been updated to work with the new system.
- We've increased the number of levels the difficulty slider adds to NPCs. This means each difficulty setting from the Port Captain should increase the difficulty of Avatar missions more than it used to.
- We've substantially changed the way boarding works. Instead of having 6 or 9 boarding members, you have 4 or 5. Boarding party members are also 1 level lower than their respective captains, and you have more waves of reinforcements than before.
- New group daily mission: The Guns of Del Morro! The Confrérie Libre have taken over an old fort overlooking a vital shipping lane and are sinking any ships that pass! You must fight through the enemy pirates, spike the cannons, and escape! Visit Santiago to try it out.
- New daily mission: Pit Fight! We've added a new daily mission in Tortuga that allows you to fight characters from every faction in the game, mano-a-mano. Completing the mission gives you a token that you can spend in a special shop with some new items and rewards. See Pit Boss Roy in Tortuga for more information.
- New solo mission: Bloodsport! This mission allows you to battle various factions in the game at no cost. Dying in the Bloodsport mission does not consume smelling salts, and there is no loot or XP awarded. This mission exists purely as a "Sandbox" for you to test out skills and combat. Visit your friendly neighborhood Fighting Master in Rosignol, Fort Caroline, Morgan's Bluff, Barilla, Belize, Biloxi, Spanish Town, Roseau, Golden Lake, Matthew Town, Maracaibo, and Santo Domingo.
- Old Fighting Master missions have been removed.
- Bey's Retreat and Fortaleza da Luz are temporarily hidden as we update them to work with the new system.
- Lots of bug fixes for encounters.