Spiderweb Games - Avernum 6 Officially Unveiled
Spiderweb has officially unveiled Avernum 6 - the last of the series - with a product page and three screens. While the updated graphics still won't convert many, I'd suggest they are at least worth a glance. Here's the feature list:
- An enormous world. Hundreds of quests, dozens of dungeons and enemy fortresses, and multitudes of characters.
- A fascinating storyline, full of surprises, treachery, and epic battles.
- Many unique encounters. Not just mindless hack and slash. Many unusual enemies that will require clever tactics to defeat.
- Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines, many character building options, and powerful secret skills to unlock.
- Unique game world. Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any RPG out there.
- Experience with previous Avernum games is completely unnecessary to enjoy Avernum 6.
The Mac version is due Winter 2009 and, as always, the PC will follow a few months later. Jeff also briefly blogged on AV6 yesterday - here's a taste from that:
There is something very liberating about writing the last game in a series. First, you won't have to write any more. Second, you get to totally trash the place. Of course, it leaves me with the terrifying prospect of writing a whole new series. But, after Geneforge FIVE and Avernum SIX, I'm desperate.