Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
Legend of Grimrock - Weekly Update
by Dhruin, 2011-11-19 08:38:53
This week's Grimrock weekly update, courtesy of Von Paulus' eagle eye:
- First pass of story related content has been added to the game. This will continue as we work towards the beta.
- Juho has finalized end cinematic graphics.
- We have all monsters now in place and animated. Olli is still going to add more detail to animations and keep improving them.
- First batch of performance optimizations have been implemented. The game is now playable in 1080p with decent frame rate even with our relative old and cheap PCs!
- We’re in the middle of redoing the gui so that it scales to higher resolutions nicely. This work should be complete sometime next week.
- Related to the gui changes we have a new font rendering system which is capable of rendering vectorized true type fonts (previously all fonts were bitmap based), so text look much sharper now, especially in higher resolutions.
- Groundwork for “secrets found” statistics has been done, i.e. we have a mechanism of marking and tracking secrets in the game. The game has already 45 secrets and I think we’ll still add a bunch!
- Antti has been generating a gallon of mucus and has also been adding new items to the game.
- Work on tutorials has been started.
Information aboutLegend of Grimrock