JA: Back in Action - Worldwide Release in February 2012
BitComposer let us know that Jagged Alliance: Back in Action is on track for a global release in February next year. Here's the PR minus the company blurb:
“Jagged Alliance: Back in Action” set for global release in February 2012“
Eschborn/Worms, November 29, 2011: The long-awaited latest part in the Jagged Alliance universe, Jagged Alliance: Back in Action, will finally be released next year. The Windows PC version of this strategy spectacular from bitComposer Games and Kalypso Media will arrive in stores worldwide in February 2012. Jagged Alliance: Back in Action will be distributed by NBG EDV Handels & Verlags GmbH priced €44.99 (RRP) in the German-speaking territories.
You can find more details on all the Jagged Alliance products on the new website: www.jaggedalliance.com and on Facebook http://facebook.jaggedalliance.com
Back in Action takes players to the fictitious country of Arulco, where a ruthless dictator has seized power and only a small group of rebels stand to resist him. Tasked with freeing the island from the dictator’s iron grip, players will command rebel and mercenary forces while using tactical, diplomatic and economic tools to keep troops supplied and ready for the next flight, all while commanding them directly in nail-biting battles.
Back in Action’s innovative “plan & go” combat system combines real-time strategy (RTS) with turn-based elements to guarantee that the intricacies of tactical warfare are rendered in dynamic, exciting gameplay. This challenges would-be commanders to master not only strategy and tactical combat, but also to maximize their team’s capabilities through RPG-like character advancement.
- The Jagged Alliance series achieved numerous awards and is considered to date as milestone in the genre of real time strategy
- Unrivaled mix of combat (tactics), roleplay, business and strategy
- Innovative "Plan & Go" combat system combines RTS gameplay with turn-based elements
- Liberate a fictitious island from a dictator
- Realistic war setting with authentic-looking firearms
- Laptop/computer menu as a central anchor point for the player
- Assemble your own unit of mercenaries from over 60 unique mercenaries
- Simultaneous control of multiple squads using a strategic map
- Every mercenary has a detailed set of likes, dislikes, strengths and weaknesses
- Convincing characters who interact with and comment on the game events
- All the dialog has audio
- Train your mercenaries to improve their effectiveness
- Acquire resources by capturing mines and encampments
Information aboutJA: Back in Action