Cyberpunk - New AAA RPG from CDPR
CD Projekt Red has completed their Summer Conference, which you can watch here at the Witcher site. It's around an hour long but starting around 24 minutes in, they start discussing their new AAA RPG, which is revealed as Cyberpunk.
The announcement starts with a slide titled "Our Promise":
1. Mature RPG for mature up audiences, realistic and brutal, set in a rich, futuristic world
2. Gripping non-linear story filled with life and detail
3. Advanced RPG mechanics based on p&p RPG system
4. Varied selection of different character classes
5. Gigantic arsenal of weapons, upgrades, implants and cool high-tech toys
6. Set new standard in the futuristic RPG genre with an exceptional gaming experience
They then introduce Mike Pondsmith, author of the Cyberpunk 2020 PnP system - he references the seminal movie Bladerunner as a touchstone and talks about holding out on developing a video game based on the IP until the right company came along.
CDPR has established a new team with a number of Witcher veterans to develop the game, although it appears early in development, so it may be a while before we see more than concept art.