Caribbean! - From Devs of Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
RPS posts about Caribbean!, a pirate-y action/RPG based on the Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword engine and developed by the same Snowbird Games in collaboration with TaleWorlds:
Games about pirates sometimes feel the need to exclaim their titles, as if rushing into a room and excitedly waving their arms, jumping up and down, screaming in your face. ‘Pirates’, they yell, spittle flecking your bewildered visage, ‘piiiiirates’! Or, in this case, they’re bellowing ‘Caribbean’, which makes it really hard for me to work out which vowel to elongate. I guess it would be ‘Caribbeaaaaaan’!. Anyway, Caaaaaribbean! is a newly announced game from Snowbird Game Studios of Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword, and it uses the same engine for a piratical game, with naval combat, boarding operations and sieges. More screenshots below.
Looking aound, it seems this was announced back in February and we either missed it or it has slipped my mind. From Gamasutra:
- Sea battles with intuitive and easy control system;
- The real-time boarding fights that throw player in the centre of the action;
- Detailed management and customization of both the fleet and the crew;
- Complex siege system allowing the players to storm forts, harbors or entire cities;
- Different kinds of artillery: shipboard cannons, mortars and howitzers;
- Random events system that keeps players question their decisions during their voyage;
- True ‘Carribean’ atmosphere of the vast and dangerous world;
- Unique NPCs whose design based on the real historical figures;
- Various multiplayer modes featuring the sea and land battles, boarding and sieges.
Source: Rock, Paper, Shotgun